Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had a new coolant pump fitted on 18th september. My coolant light came on whilst I was driving so I pulled over to find my coolant level very low. Took my car to Parkway VW to be inspected. Got a call to say its a wiring fault, parts have been ordered and will be fixed tomorrow. When I asked how a wiring fault could cause my coolant to be disappearing the guy couldnt give me an answer.

Does qnyone have any ideas? Starting to feel like they are taking the p**s out of me. I had to take my car in 4 times for them to eventually fix the coolant pump back as they kept telling me the noise was a "characteristic" of the car.

Its a High Up if that is any help.
Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Emma :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
They will have refilled your coolant when replacing the pump. It could be that there was an airlock in the system which has now worked its way out.

Just refill up to the normal mark and check it after a while to make sure it is staying at the level. Failing that they have caused a leak somewhere. Cabn you check for fluid on the floor, under the car ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have my car at the minute, waiting for wiring to come in. I called them when I had pulled over to check my coolant and was advised to top up with water and drive it to them. I topped it back up to the max line, drove 5 miles to them and it had gone down again driving that short difference. They've said there isn't a leak which is why they've decided it is a wiring fault.

Just loosing all faith in VW now :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
They are talking tripe.

Wiring, as you well know will not cause a drop in the Coolant level. It could still be an airlock in the coolant system working its way out though. Some cars can be a real pig to refill after a coolant refill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts