Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lookingfor rims to fit winter tires for my up! and it came out that old g60 Corrado steelies fit up! perfectly. I ordered some from my VW dealer and got them yesterday. When I get tyres for them and got them installed I will post pictures. It is exactly same size as the white up's special white classics except one inch smaller in diameter. Very popular with Golf Mk2 tuners.

For your reference:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, love old wheels and these are still available at a good price. I've just bought a set ofvw scala alloys for £50 with the intention of using them on our up when we get it in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Got the wheels on ebay locally, need refurbing but might colour code them in light blue to match the car.Was never really happy with the free option wheels on the up so trying some other options.
Will have to check insurance for swapping wheels but shouldn't be a problem given the range of sizes and styles on the up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok! I finally picked up the centre caps from the dealer. Took ages because didn't have any reason to go near the dealer until last week. The corrado steelies are now on. I didn't go for the original black center caps but since all VW 4x100 wheels and caps are interchangeable. I went for the Mk3 Polo ones which I think look pretty cool on the car and wheel. Here's the pics. Sorry for the messy car, it's the current weather and can't help it. :) The new winter tires are Continental ContiVikikingContact 5's. Work like a dream.

Edited by: Ackwell

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looking good, thought about getting some of these but already having two sets of spare alloys in the garage I'm running out of room. As it is, the spoke alloys that came onour up are a lot better looking than I thought they would be and really go well with the light blue so I'll keep them on for now.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Looking good!

Was thinking "where the **** does this guy live?" as we aint had much, if any snow yet this year then realised your from Finland

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any 4x100 wheel will fit dependent on centre bore,
Thats why im after some UP! Classic alloys if any of you are getting rid? :)

·
Registered
235 Posts
My up! is on these wheels with Pirelli winter tyres - I posted some pics 2 months or so ago. They are great on a High up as they mean I can run the same size wheels/tyres all year round.

These wheel are available (new) from mytyres.co.uk at about £20 per piece as part of a wheel/tyre package.

I managed to get a set of the original black centre caps on eBay.

Overall I like look of these better than the original alloy wheels!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts