Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my long term Project and will either be building a GTi Rep or just a smart Tsi. I
had this thing just under a week and it’s such fun. I have already started doing bits.

First was bulbs on the day I picked it up.
Changed to
Phillips Silver Vision Indicators

After

also put in some
Phillips Whitevision Ultra H4’s

I then got in touch with Upgrade Haus and bought there Bonnet Strut kit and interior Led package which came within 24 hours and I fitted today on my lunch brake.
Before

After

and the LED kit

next I am after a
Gti Spoiler (Any one with one let me know)
Carbon Mirror covers
H&R springs
Either 16” or 17” Alloys.
Forge induction (Black)
A1 exhaust Tip

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice car! Keep us updated :)

Reactions: Schaeffer

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have had the car just under a week now and I have done 600+ miles and it’s a total different experience to a N/A. Last night I took my little girl up one of my favourite roads (Hartside). It’s not the fastest car but you can have a lot of fun with it.
Definitely needs a new suspension and 16’s with a nice tyres

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So some more little parts arrived today. First my touch up pens which am going to sort the stone chips out on a warmer day.

An Audi Exhaust Tip arrived. The part comes of the A1 and A3 which is a direct fit to the Up TSi.
Here is a before pic
And After

It’s a 2 minute job which just pushes straight on. I personally think it look so much better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So tonight’s little jobs. Touched in some little stone chips and scratch’s.
Before

Before

After (not the best but takes your eye off it)

I also had a storage net from a Clio at work going spare so I put it in the lower boot section to keep all my stuff together. It fits alright.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So just pop down to my mates garage to pick up my Old 15 x 6.5 Oz Super Turismo WRC Alloy’s which I was fixing for my Polo GTi, 2 years ago. I had them straightened and prepared ready for paint.
Am not sure weather to sell them and look for 16 Or paint them Silver and put them on. What’s people’s thoughts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the next parts have arrived in at VW today, a Gti Spoiler Extension. Will need a little modifying to fit but I will let you's know what has to be done.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Neat, look forward to seeing it fitted. OEM ones suffer from droop ! Can you avoid that, any fitting mods......

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Nice !

Reactions: Schaeffer

·
Registered
94 Posts
Really good work! It’s a shame they don’t offer the GTi in Azul blue... but that said, it means your car is going to be pretty unique when finished.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Mole. I have already been stopped in the petrol station by a little old man in a Polo Gti who was asking if mine was a Gti.
Just need to decide one wheels next.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts