Up Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
So that’s the car done 2000miles of B roads since I bought it just under a month ago. All my 4 year old girl does is ask to go to Hartside or Scotland when ever we have a free minute. Music on, windows down and off we go. This little Tsi really does pull well and the 5 speed box is so much smoother then my old MPi. Hope everyone ells is enjoying there weekends as much as we did.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Had a good day in the Mrs' Tsi today, (same colour as yours), we did about 160 miles up into the North York Moors and back down the A1.
I drove, first time for a few months in teh Tsi
What a lovely, quiet car they are, and ride better with the bigger profile tyres. That's in comparison to my Gti.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am going to go bigger wheels but only 16’s I think as I see a lot of issues with punches with the Gti’s.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Schaeffer,

Interested to see what you have done to your TSI...looks good!

I have a 2017 High Up TSI 3 door in Tornado Red and love it’s extra ooomph! Had planned to leave it as is but couldn‘t help starting to add modifications here and there which have now snowballed a bit. So far:
Audi A2 gloss black exhaust tip (agree looks great)
Rock Up! Gloss black rear spoiler (more subtle than GTI version but it’s a matter of taste)
Gloss black door mirror covers
Gloss black front bumper vinyl wrap
GTI wheels and tyres all round (couldn‘t resist a bargain) (1000 miles without incident so far and they will come off for the winter)
GTI springs (As above)
Bilstein B4 shocks all round
Forge Induction System in red
Forge Blow off Valve in red
Ingo Noak front and rear splitters (yet to fit the rear)
GTI side stripes (not yet fitted)
GTI skirts (painted but not yet fitted)
Gloss black vinyl roof wrap (not yet fitted)
Forge braided stainless brake hoses.
GTI front hubs, calipers (used from 2019 GTI) and new discs/ pads (much more confident braking)
VW W8 interior light cluster (backlit with ambient red leds)

To come:
Milltek catback resonated stainless exhaust
JBS stage 1 remap

Its been a lot of fun and I’ve fitted all the mods myself which gives a great deal of satisfaction.

The suspension/brake/wheel mods have transformed the car. It’s not a bone shaker but it has a firm ride and really good grip and handling. It’s a real hoot to drive.

Hoping to end up with an Up that’s a real blast to drive on winding country A roads....

Ill try to upload some pics....

Reactions: North London Mike

·
Registered
14 Posts
New B6 strut, GTI hub and caliper plus Forge hose awaiting new disc.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Forge induction and BOV kits fitted

·
Registered
14 Posts

current appearance....

Reactions: macp

·
Registered
14 Posts

GTI springs and Bilstein B6s at the rear fitted.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Wow that looks awesome. I have very similar plans but mine will be taking a little longer as I have just picked up a second project car.
My mates Lupo Sport has been sat for 7years in storage and I have just got off him super cheap. So the up will be getting mods, but also have a Lupo to rebuild. It gets delivered next week

·
Registered
14 Posts
That Lupo looks like an exciting challenge! Good luck! 👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
View attachment 5597
GTI springs and Bilstein B4s at the rear fitted.
I'm thinking about getting b4 shocks all round on my TSI. I don't want the ride any harsher, just a bit better controlled when "making progress". These seem ideal as they are sold as OEM replacement rather than a performance modification even though I suspect they exert a lot more damping force than what was actually fitted at the factory. Do you think they will work well with non GTi springs ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm thinking about getting b4 shocks all round on my TSI. I don't want the ride any harsher, just a bit better controlled when "making progress". These seem ideal as they are sold as OEM replacement rather than a performance modification even though I suspect they exert a lot more damping force than what was actually fitted at the factory. Do you think they will work well with non GTi springs ?
I would check out the Bilstein website but I would expect that they would work well. If you’re looking for more controlled damping I‘m pretty certain that they will fit the bill. The GTI springs have lowered my TSI and made the ride a little harsher but not unacceptably so, to my mind. It’s still a relaxing drive on the motorway.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: tsi17

·
Registered
428 Posts
Did the B4's affect the height at the rear? I know it seems an odd question but there was a guy from Germany who fitted B6 rear dampers and it lifted the rear by 5 or 10mm's

·
Registered
14 Posts
Did the B4's affect the height at the rear? I know it seems an odd question but there was a guy from Germany who fitted B6 rear dampers and it lifted the rear by 5 or 10mm's
The B6s didn’t.. what did affect the ride height were the GTI springs which have lowered the back end about 5-10mm despite the B6s. So I would think a standard setup would be unaffected by B4s too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So tonight I got the second project car. The Up hasn’t been forgotten about, but I couldn’t miss this deal and the Lupo is what start my thing for small VW’s. So I spent 3 hours cleaning and getting rid of the mice in the engine bay. The little Blue Turd is next to Tiny Turbo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PS sorry Schaeffer for taking over your thread :) the lupo looks great. Never driven one, are they anything like the up ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
PS sorry Schaeffer for taking over your thread :) the lupo looks great. Never driven one, are they anything like the up ?
Don’t worry man it’s all Tsi goodness. The Lupo’s are like a 90’ Up lol. I have had quite a few and got this one for £80 lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have known the car for 12 years and most of the parts on it our from my old Lupo. My mate just wanted the plate transferred off it which is £80.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts