Up Owners Club banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just realised: these shocks are yellow, so doesn't that mean they're b6 rather than b4 ?
Sorry - you’re absolutely right! I was being a complete numpty. They are of course B6s being midway between B4 (stock shock absorber one for one replacement) and B8 for seriously lowered suspension. Sorry for the confusion! They do give a lowered ride height in conjunction with the GTI springs and I do like the firmer ride/better control. 👍

Reactions: tsi17

·
Registered
14 Posts
So tonight I got the second project car. The Up hasn’t been forgotten about, but I couldn’t miss this deal and the Lupo is what start my thing for small VW’s. So I spent 3 hours cleaning and getting rid of the mice in the engine bay. The little Blue Turd is next to Tiny Turbo. View attachment 5605
View attachment 5606
View attachment 5607
View attachment 5608
View attachment 5609
View attachment 5610
View attachment 5611
View attachment 5612
View attachment 5613
That Lupo is a really cool looking machine - especially in that colour. Wish the Up! was available in a retina searing blue like that......😀😀

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So last night I came across some 40mm H&R’s for £60 secondhand. Drove straight over to get them, now to order some Bilstein Shocks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
So after my drive out the other day I jet washed the Up on the way home. Now I have a stuck rear brake (which I have fixed with a hammer).

There is also now a loud grinding noise from the front nearside disc. Took the wheel off can't see anything. Pads are there with plenty of meat on them, nothing in the stone guard and everything looks alright. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Service time. Was going to go back to the main dealer but am doing it at work. Oil, Oil Filter, Air Filter and Cabin £66.84 all in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Brilliant thread I read with great interest. I wanted a GTI but you guys have really got me thinking..

41 - 49 of 49 Posts