Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only had my up 5 weeks and someone has appeared to have reversed into me. VW est. over £1700 to fix. Having to resort to insurers workshop.

Not sure if pic upload will work. Insurer wants to do it at their
approved place instead. I think the vw quote is too high. Just hope she looks like new when I get her back. I have no idea who did it asnno details left.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Noooooo!! Why do people do this kind of thing!? Hit and run!! We're you parked in a car park with any cameras around or anything?
This is why it would be good to have a camera facing out every angle of the car.. To catch these idiots!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
A guy decided that he wanted to kiss my car with his. This is the result. It looks small, but awkward. The repairer wants three weeks to fix this. I think that they are having trouble working what what to do. Poor Up!
<a href="" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">

·
Registered
583 Posts
CarlitoUp said:
Noooooo!! Why do people do this kind of thing!? Hit and run!!
Because for minor accidents, the success rate is very high and the conviction rate appallingly low.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments- melbie ooh that looks bad.
As for witnesses the insurer said they'd contact the council for CCTV as it was in their car park and there is CCTV. I don't hold much hope as you wonder if the reason they didn't admit was because they aren't insured. I hope they find the culprit though.
As for repair it's going to the approved place but they can't fit me in for a few weeks. I 'll get a courtesy car - but unknown what and I may struggle to drive it as I'm not a natural driver. Am wishing I'd insured with VW as I think I'd have better options.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you get the insurers repair centre does this invalidate any VW warranty? My Insurer and the repair place both say not, but I'm still concerned.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The end of this saga is that today I collected my car, all fixed, from my vw dealer. Looks good as new. It took some negotiating with insurer and another garage to quote a repair. I am very glad I pushed for vw to fix her. There is no risk to guarantee now.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm not saying it's an easy job (the sill, especially...), but £1700 still seems a bit steep to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My wifedid the same to our high up
,large dent in sill and lower door,I had three quotes,oneof£900, another for £570,and the best one of £400
,was in therepair shop four days, and looks as good as new all for £400. (repair shop is in Darlington)Will have to stop it out of my wifes pocket money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts