Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Agonisingly, Mrs Privatedocs 5 door UP! white has been sitting at the dealer waiting to go for a full week now

why? not the dealer, not us, but the Bloody DVLA who cannot efficiently sort out the registration transfer for her! its all welsh to me!

heres hoping they manage it today, if not, won't get a chance to collect it til sat (if the bloody tax disc has arrived)

DVLA...Downright Very-Lazy Ar5e5 !

ok, got that off my chest!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm now in exactly the same situation. The Dealer called last night and the car is ready and waiting to go, just waiting on Tax Disc/Registration.

Grrr!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Taking cover note in today to see if betty looks OK.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just Heard....still no taxdisc won't be today
Boo Hoo!

·
Registered
587 Posts
The whole cherised trasnfer business has got worse and worse. I remember when I had mine it was a wait in the queue and they did it there and then, then a few hours, now around two weeks!!!

I have one on retention for as and when we decide to change the Leon. that will be fun NOT!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it is on retention, it is easy, they just register the car with the retention doc, its a transfer from one car to another that is a right royal pain in the ar5e ....apparantly problems at the glasgow office means they are farming work out to aberdeen so extra delays!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why can't the dealer simple reg the car with a 62 plate and then plonk the cherished plate on at some future point when it ready to transfer.
Thats what my dealer did.

vup rider

PS heh! heh! The more I drive the up! the more I am loving it! I'll just throw that in to make your wait even more painful!

Edited by: vup rider

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No pain for me vup....its our second Up!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I could've got mine done onto 62 plate, but just decided to let the garage take care of the cherised reg transfer. I'll be disappointed if I can't get it this weekend, but if I don't it'll be early next week

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bazves said:
I could've got mine done onto 62 plate, but just decided to let the garage take care of the cherised reg transfer. I'll be disappointed if I can't get it this weekend, but if I don't it'll be early next week

Likewise, it'll come when it does!

now, for the GT I have my retention Document sitting here ready...just need the orderbooks to open!

·
Registered
47 Posts
"PS heh! heh! The more I drive the up! the more I am loving it! I'll just throw that in to make your wait even more painful!
"

Privatedoc said:
No pain for me vup....its our second Up!

vup rider

PS I've since discovered that because an up! has a co2 rating of under 110 then it qualifies for 100%capital allowancerelief against tax in year 1if used for business purposes. Trouble is we bought itto cut down our private use costs.On the back of this revelation though I may get 2!

Could be why the up! is proving so popular withsmall business userswith the resulting long waiting lists. Acountants around the UK are suggesting their clients buy one or several!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
should have said it's our second and the first is parked right outside my surgery and I can see it out the window!!!

I know how much you are enjoying it, No.! is v close to 5000 miles and its not yet two and a half months old!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just popped into the dealer. Documents not through yet , so no weekend pick up, will be either Monday or Wednesday next week.

Grabbed a few dodgy phone pics so I'll get a proper gallery thread up soon.

Chuffed to bits, car is looking awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts