Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys don't mind, but I have a couple of questions for you guys who already live with UPs, just that I hope to place an order for an UP this week sometime once I have some new questions answered by my dealer including a couple that Cadfael has got me adding to me list to ask him
about a couple of newly added options on the continent, those being tinted windows as a stand alone option without needing the sports pack and the option of getting a dark headlining instead of the current standard cream/light coloured one.

Any way I am trying to decide whether to order a Move UP with a few of options or a High UP with possibly 0-2 or 3 options and just not sure if these options are worth it?

1- Is it worth getting the "Winter pack" optioned onto the Move UP?
and are the heated seats and mirrors and front fog lights really worth it?

2- Has anyone got the "City Emergency pack" and what do you think? I'm only really interested in the fact that it has the passenger airbag de-activation switch included ( I just cant understand for the life of me why it is not fitted as standard anyway
)

3- "Sound Pack" I have already read on here that a lot of you guys say that it is a must.

4- DAB is that a must?

5- Have any of you guys gotten the sunroof fitted and then regretted it?, as I am just worried about rattles etc and possible reduction in performance (speed and fuel) of the car due to the extra weight the sunroof will add to the car.

6- Is there anything you guys did not spec up and now wish you had or vice versa?

7- Is getting the Bluemotion version worth all that extra £££s?

Thanks guys, regards Alistair (zimbo)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
1.: Not necessary in the German Ruhrgebiet for short distance travelling ...
Maybe necessary in Scotland (or Bavaria / longer distances) ...

2.: Can't say - I ordered it ...

3.: It's a must ...

4.: Read of many satisfied (UK) users ...

5.: You get a lot of extras for the sunroof ...
I don't like it (and live in a street with many trees) ...

6.: Many up! drivers might answer "Maps & More" ...

7.: Depends on milage per year???

I chose the high up! because I love it's standard spoke rims and the chrome extras. I would have chosen every "move-high difference" as an extra ...

·
Registered
851 Posts
I like having the sensor pack so i can show album artwork on M&M and at the same time able to view fuel consumption on the dash display. I also like the cruise control - although the reversing alarm on such a small car is not especially useful. Also so glad i paid for the metallic paint. Every time i look at the car i think: oh yeah!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Does it need to be an up! and not a Mii?

It's fundamentally the same car with several differences which happen to be the options you are considering.

On the Mii, the passenger airbag deactivation is STANDARD on any model above the S.
On the Mii, there are 6 speakers as standard on any model above the S.
On the Mii toca (rrp £9995), you get maps and more (aka SEAT Portable System) as standard along with rear parking sensors.

Might be worth a look...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
If you are going to add options to a move up you would be better getting a high up. Heated seats and mirrors are a boon and standard on high up. I added sensor pack for cruise control which I would have missed from my previous car. Personally the sound pack does nothing for me because if I want to be entertained I go to a concert.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Love my heated seats.......if I was speccing a new car, I'd add leather look seats because they look fantastic!

yes, sound pack is a must!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Love my heated seats.......if I was speccing a new car, I'd add leather look seats because they look fantastic!

yes, sound pack is a must!
Love my heated seats as well.
The leather look ARE fantastic..!

yes, sound pack an absolute must..!! (considering the upgrade price it's a no brainer!)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so far its looking like its going to be a 5 door High UP in Mayan Blue with sound pack, maybe the sensor pack and possibly (hopefully) the newly listed european (german configurator) option of Sports Pack "POLYGON" which includes a black(dark) headliner, which I want badly
and am just waiting to hear back from dealer as I have just emailed him to find out the answers to these new additions and when they will be available here in the UK.

I have never really considered the leatherette seats as I have always been worried about car getting too hot inside and either burning myself on the hot seats when getting into the car or sticking to them and sweating because of them? plus they seem to be a pretty expensive option.

Timii, yeah it would have to be an UP, sorry to say this but sadly I'm not a very big fan of the front and rear looks of the Mii and just feel the UP has much cleaner lines, though I much prefer the rear light clusters and bumper on the Citigo over the UPs

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The "Sports Pack Triangle" is already available in the UK!
Just was on the UK config site - and it has been updated!
Click onto "more info" and you will see the black roof is included!!!

From the VW UK website:
Sports Pack (16" 'Triangle' black alloy wheels)
Sports Pack includes Four 6J x 16 'Triangle' black alloy wheels with 185/50 R16 tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts, Sports suspension, rear tinted windows from B pillar back and black roof lining ..

EDIT:

That's like the new German specs ...
The specs for "Polygon" are different but I think the UK website might not have been updated yet???
It is now called "Sport pack Polygon" in Germany (and has the same extras as th e "Triangle"). The price difference between Polygon and Triangle is the same on the Germany and the UK website ...

I can't imagine that the (new?) UK "Polygon" is different to the new April 2014 German specs?!
Makes no sense in production.

The Triangle interior photos are still wrong (no black roof) on the UK sites.
On the German config sites they are right.
Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cadfael said:
The "Sports Pack Triangle" is already available in the UK!
Just was on the UK config site - and it has been updated!
Click onto "more info" and you will see the black roof is included!!!

From the VW UK website:
Sports Pack (16" 'Triangle' black alloy wheels)
Sports Pack includes Four 6J x 16 'Triangle' black alloy wheels with 185/50 R16 tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts, Sports suspension, rear tinted windows from B pillar back and black roof lining ..

EDIT:

That's like the new German specs ...
The specs for "Polygon" are different but I think the UK website might not have been updated yet???
It is now called "Sport pack Polygon" in Germany (and has the same extras as th e "Triangle"). The price difference between Polygon and Triangle is the same on the Germany and the UK website ...

I can't imagine that the (new?) UK "Polygon" is different to the new April 2014 German specs?!
Makes no sense in production.

The Triangle interior photos are still wrong (no black roof) on the UK sites.
On the German config sites they are right.
Thank you very much Cadfael, I emailed my dealer this morning and he quickly replied saying that those options were for the continent only and not for the UK cars and there are differences between UK and Continent cars and these were some of them, Mmmm I think I maybe better try a different dealer then
as I think he should have known that the black lining was/is available on UK cars through the UK Sports Pack, surely? I just looked at the configurator and your right it now has the black headlining listed in the sports pack which it did not have a couple of days ago when I last had a look. Strange how the image does NOT show the black rooflining tho once selected, hopefully thats because they just dont have an image yet. The UK configurator is rubbish compared to the german one which has more realistic looking images in my opinion.

So this is now a definate add to my list lol, and that takes care of the tinted windows as well.

So my list now is as follows, Mayan Blue with Mayan Blue dash with cloth seats and will hopefully have city emergency and sports pack "Triangle" 16" black alloy wheels and sound pack is std on the High UP anyway so thats ok.

Now just gotta see if I can get the car ordered and try get something added FOC (like the city emergency or the sports pack) or get some sort of discount to help lower the cost as much as I can lol

Cheers
Alistair

Edited by: zimbo

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Alistair,

don't be too strict with your dealer!

The German up! forum had these news only 14 days ago.
I bet, some German VW dealers still don't know the changes!

As far all I know all up!s built until 21st CW have the old specs.
From 22nd CW on there will be the new specs.

I think it is by EU law that all new cars shall have the tyre pressure sensors?
So, British up!s from 22nd CW on might be equipped with the tyre sensors as well. In Germany it will be standard.

As you said, the UK website has been updated just some days ago and the images haven't been updated at all. All this needs some days (as the Polo and other cars also have some new specs).

In the days of internet and (worldwide) user communities, dealers sometimes know less than the customer.

Here is how your Mayan Blue 5 doors high up! might look like.
I added a M&M navi, Triangles, Drive Pack, Sound Pack ...
You didn't mention which colour your dash shall have. Black, Silver, Bue is possible ...

That's your up! ...

EDIT: Have the interior look British ...

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
189 Posts
I love our sunroof but the opening isn't as big as you think it should be, however, I think the black glass roof really improves the look of the car.(with light blue,might not be as effective with others colours).

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Frankjetta, RIX thanks for the replies guys.
Cadfael I very very slowly worked my way through the German configurator as I dont speak or read German so had to use google translator to get through it ...but it worked and I got these same images you have done for me to show me my car
Is that blue dash matte blue or metallic? as it looks non-metallic there, which is kinda cool. I am going to be speccing the blue dash as well for my car. Dont worry I will still give my dealer a chance and I will inform him of the stuff he does not know

·
Registered
107 Posts
Timii said:

It's fundamentally the same car with several differences which happen to be the options you are considering.

On the Mii, the passenger airbag deactivation is STANDARD on any model above the S.
On the Mii toca (rrp £9995), you get maps and more (aka SEAT Portable System) as standard along with rear parking sensors.

Might be worth a look...
Nah. the Mii will NEVER hold its residual value like a VW. Yep - cheaper when you buy and EVEN cheaper when you sell. FACT.

Been there, tee shirt etc..

·
Registered
149 Posts
thirteen-o-two said:
Timii said:

Might be worth a look...
Nah. the Mii will NEVER hold its residual value like a VW. Yep - cheaper when you buy and EVEN cheaper when you sell. FACT.

Been there, tee shirt etc..
If bought new, that's true.

In my case, I bought our Mii when it was 10 months old and so I got for 3 grand less than new list price, so the big hit on depreciation had already happened.

·
Registered
182 Posts
with esp i mean the sensor in the front screen, it´s std in denmark but not in germany, 1.5 months a go i bought a used white in germany(as we don´t get that model, we don´t get anything really, even though it´s the most selling car here in 2-3 years he he)could i have gotten a brand new with fender sound in denmark, i think i would have bought one
but for now it´s used one, with out the fender as importing one with it would be over what i would pay for one in denmark,
bought the car for 9500 euro and when my ibiza is sold i will pay roughly a little over 5000 euro in tax, to get danish plates on it.
regards
RIX

Edited by: RIX

1 - 20 of 27 Posts