Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So great to be able to join the group of Up! owners. Myself, a British expat in the South American Colombian Andes.

It's an amazinglittle car. The engine's from Germany and assembledin Brasil then shipped to Colombia's northern Caribbean coast to be transported by road to the capital Bogotá.

I have had it for two days. Driving it out of Bogotá, one of the most congested capitals in the world to my Andeantown was an amazingly scenic drive through to mountains.

I am not sure if this version of the Cross Up! is available in the UK or Europe but this is an information page on the car in English (VW South Africa)http://https://www.cars.co.za/newcars/Volkswagen/up%21/cross-up%21-5-door-1.0/.

I would love to hear from any other Up! owners in Colombia or South America. Also, I wondered if anyone could help me with this request for any PDF Up! manuals http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/new-cross-up-owner-in-colombia_topic9469.html.

Right now these photos are of it parked where I live. I will be able to update this post with some more scenic photos in the near future. Till then, thanks for this great place for us all to get together.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
hi and welcome!

looks nice that

we dont have a cross Up! available in the UK

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the nice comment, Ahmed.

The nearest model you have in the UK is the High Up!. Apart from South America, I see it also available in South Africa.

Best,

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
whats up said:
Very nice. Looks bigger than the UK versions.

more than anything else, i think thats becuase its jacked up, additional plastic times and has the roof rails which make it seem bigger from all angles!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Ahmed.Bossman said:
whats up said:
Very nice. Looks bigger than the UK versions. Â 

more than anything else, i think thats becuase its jacked up, additional plastic times and has the roof rails which make it seem bigger from all angles!
South American ups are 3 inches longer than the Euro/Antipodes version. They have longer back doors, hence the wind down windows instead of the pop outs we get.Edited by: shakotanVIP

·
Registered
7 Posts
If the Cross Up is higher than the Move Up that I have in Britain, I wonder if the Cross Up has a longer travel suspension than my car?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Uppity said:
If the Cross Up is higher than the Move Up that I have in Britain, I wonder if the Cross Up has a longer travel suspension than my car?

The ride height is 15mm higher than the normal Up!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is indeed longer and higher than the ones I've seen on returning to Europe. Wouldn't know the exact measurementsor length of the suspension. Sorry.

Here's a recent photo was taken during a crossing of the Colombian Andes at about 2000m.

·
Registered
957 Posts
StuartOswald said:
It is indeed longer and higher than the ones I've seen on returning to Europe. Wouldn't know the exact measurementsor length of the suspension. Sorry.

Here's a recent photo was taken during a crossing of the Colombian Andes at about 2000m.

It's a great looking version of the UP!.... Stuart, If they sold them in the UK I'd buy one

Edited by: Derkie54

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just one more from today. Parked up by this classic. It's at an old Andean train station now abondonedbut would have been in use in the time this classic was as new as the Up! is now.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Also, I wondered if anyone could help me with this request for any PDF Up! manuals
I got mine -in German- from VW's ERWIN page.
Paid a few € for a 1-day pass .

The Brazilian up!s are a bit different (rear end & engine) so those changes aren't in the EU versions' manuals

1 - 13 of 13 Posts