Up Owners Club banner

Cruise Control

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  dr.doom 
#1 ·
If anybody has cruise control on there car how u finding it? I love it and it works so well on a 1 litre engine with only 75 ps. Its really handy and the car only slows down on the steep motorway hills outside Manchester but soon picks up again once you get on the flat again. I have really found it a godsend even though im blaming it on my 3 points im getting on my licence from last week (60 in a 50!! D'oh!!!) and it makes long journeys really relaxing - I feel spoilt now cos when I drive other cars and have to keep my foot on the accelerator on the motorway i find its a bit uncomfortable!!! Oh noam Iturning into a cruise control snob
???? I really wouldnt want to be without it now Im glad I ordered that cos it came with the parking sensors as well and if you could see how bad I am at parking I think youd all agree it was the best thing for me haha!!!

See less See more
#4 ·
I love it, but i wish there was a little place to put your foot next to the pedal. I think the LHD models have a foot plate like my other car (golf)
Edited by: Rednaxela

#5 ·
I miss that from my golf, because I had an auto as well there where 2 foot rests and the up has none, even in the asg instead of clutch they should of fitted a plate but anyhow I guess it's quite cramped down in the footwell and nowhere to put them lol at least with my auto I can sit cross legged on my seat hahaha only joking! (I wouldn't put it past mrs itzben though but lets not tell her I said that haha)

#6 ·
Itzben said:
I miss that from my golf, because I had an auto as well there where 2 foot rests and the up has none, even in the asg instead of clutch they should of fitted a plate but anyhow I guess it's quite cramped down in the footwell and nowhere to put them lol at least with my auto I can sit cross legged on my seat hahaha only joking! (I wouldn't put it past mrs itzben though but lets not tell her I said that haha)
But you can get footrests for the up! Their in the seat mii catalogue :)

#14 ·
We dont have cruise on the up as we grabbed a car that had already been ordered and as its daughters first car we wanted to keep it simple and its mainly going to be used locally

My wife and I have had it on the last few cars weve owned between us and had it fitted when I bought my own new one before xmas

Its a must couldnt live without it now

on most vag cars you can typically retro fit the factory cruise with a kit of bits and activate it as its already preinstalled in the ecu

Anyone know if you can do that on the Up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.