Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a high up and i'm really looking forward to playing with the M&M. However, although I'm security conscious, i don't want to keep removing it after every journey. I thought of perhaps draping a black towl over the length of the dashboard and over the steering wheel to disguise the M&M's presence. What better security methods have people got that doesn't involve removing M&M after every journey?Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
438 Posts
I wouldn't bother. A thief will break in if he wants your M&M whether it's in the car or not.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Wouldnt it be more hassle draping a towel over every time? I leave mine in place, in ma door pocket or in my "man draw" at home and forget about it for a few months, then get p***ed off when I need the sat nav and have to use my phone!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi

putting a black towel over the dash, hmmm iam sure that will not attract any attention - you have been watching to many movies.............. lol

Just take it off

·
Registered
176 Posts
Take it with you upon exiting the vehicle and place it in your pocket; by doing so, you'll avoid the awkward conversation of having to explain to your insurance company why your vehicle was broken into and why you are claiming for the loss of your M&M.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Loads of room under drivers seat, you could rig up a hidden shelf if you don't want to take it with you.

If someone breaks into your car, M&M being taken will be least of your worries.

·
Registered
72 Posts
VW made a very interesting problem for all M & M users buy making the device practical but anoying at the same time. Should you leave it or take it ? That is the question. I did not buy the M&M package for two reasons1) I already have a Garmin Nüvi with Lifetime maps so whybuy another and 2) I didn't want it being stolen because I know I would leave it in the car. The best option I would recommend is to buy a fixed secure lockable box for cars and use that to store the sat nav. Best of both worlds, it's safe and no need to take it with you. Plenty to be found online.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts