Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a recent estimated Lead Time for delivery of their UP please?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my UP last Tuesday and was told 2 to 3 weeks. It's frustrating that the Track My Order page has been down for the past week on the VW site.

I hope it comes soon!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still waiting to hear about the release of the GT up! before I order my up! If its too much then will buy the Groove up with no options so hopefully the lead time won't be too long.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I initially considered placing an order for a new 5 door High Up, through my local VW dealership, but since no UK dealership held a new five-door derivative as part of its vehicle stock, I was informed that it would take approximately three weeks to source one from the continent.

Even then, I was still restricted since the three vehicles the dealership were able to source, from Germany, were all finished in Tungsten Silver; a colour neither my wife and I were particularly keen upon.

Instead, the dealership were able to source a three-door derivative of the High Up, in Candy White, from four UK dealerships.

Since my wife loved the look of the Up, finished in Candy White, we asked the dealership to source it from one of the holding dealerships.

The whole process, to have the vehicle transported from the supplying dealership/registered/taxed/valeted etc, will have taken approximately ten days, by the time we take delivery on Sunday 13th October.

From my experience, as to how soon one can expect to take delivery of their chosen vehicle very much depends on a number of factors, ranging from their choice of trim level, whether they choose to opt for new or used vehicle, the current UK/EU stock availability, how long they are willing to wait to have a vehicle built to their own specifications etc.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I ordered mine 1st July and it arrived 9th October. Factory orders are 12-16 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered mine a few weeks ago (end of September 2013) and the latest update I've been given from the dealership is build date of end of November 2013. Had to have a factory order as there was no dealer/factory stock I could have to get the car quicker so I was told. The dealership is giving me regular updates on when the car will be ready to collect which I like!

Edited by: JonnyUP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts