Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi could anyone help me I'm looking for a custom exhaust for my mii and if anyone has found one yet please send me a link thank you

·
Registered
265 Posts
I can't imagine there is a huge market for upgrading the exhaust on a small city car, nor can I imagine why you would want to do so, but try googling 'Custom Exhaust'. There are any number of companies that should be able to help you out

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'd just love to have a pair of chrome exhaust tips sticking out the rear.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Why not glue a couple of empty baked bean tins to the rear valance?

The only reason I can see for changing an exhaust system would be to go for a non-corroding stainless steel set-up.

Nick

·
Registered
587 Posts
Usually SEAT I good at doing various sporty exhausts for the car. Doubt they will do one for the Mii as a new bumper design would be needed for a straight out design. Maybe contact one of the after market companies like Miltek and see if they have any plans for one or even use your car as a development car and possibly get one for free!!

As others have said I imagine the market will be small only other possibility is to fit an induction filter from ITG or K&N as these do give a little extra noise and maybe a small performanceimprovementdepending on the amount of cold air you can get to them and if it will fit in the engine bay of your Mii.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Collas said:
Why not glue a couple of empty baked bean tins to the rear valance?
Hmmm... Might try that! :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Seat mii 1 said:
How do I go about getting sponsored by companies?

It is not so much gettingsponsoredbut seeing if a company is interested in using your car as a test car. Just email them and ask if they are planning or doing anything for the Mii/up!/Citigo. I would guess at the moment no due to the actual numbers on the road, but they well be thinking about it especially when the up! GT and Mii FR come along

·
Registered
705 Posts
Or the Škoda vRS version.

Nick

·
Registered
235 Posts
According to a Skoda spokesman, they have NO plans for a VRS version of the Citigo. They seem to think it moves the car away from it's target market.

VW appears to have a much wider target for the up! - hence Black and White upon launch, confirmation of GT and E-up! and various other proposed specials to come - including a sort of 'Allroads' version but with only 2WD.

·
Registered
144 Posts
custom exhaust will be nice like the ones you shown. i believe it would look good. at the moment there isnt any aftermarket ones so a custom one should do. i usually go to ashley petformance for the exhausts. they are really good and not that expensive.
i would recommend air filter change rather then cold air ram intake. it wont be as loud but does the job nicely

·
Registered
587 Posts
Collas said:
Or the Škoda vRS version.

Nick

Not heard anannouncementfor the VRS version yet but I am sure it will follow if the other two use the same engine.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
We had those tips on the nb, simple but effective Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Borbets are currently being sprayed black lol but once back and fitted il be happy to put pictures up also waiting for my coilovers to come through the post :D trying to get it into fast car magazine hopefully :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
What coilovers have you bought? I've been looking and been told the only ones that can currently go on are retailing at £800 - make sure you take some pictures, I'd love to see the car!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I did, but only because I have a 18 (soon to be 19) year old daughter who is into cars

1 - 20 of 37 Posts