Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one any experience? I need to get lower on the back, and I can't on the coils that came with my weitecs.
So my next thought is custom springs, I'm just not sure where from, how expensive, reliable etc.
or any other suggestions? Help!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2.5 springs may well be a very good shout!
Cheers for the link, I did see that website before, but I don't like the look of it, I don't think I could give them my hard earned, not with a website like that. Just the way I am I guess!

·
Registered
101 Posts
That website is truly shocking. I clicked thinking it surely can't be that bad..... I was wrong.

·
Registered
233 Posts
True website on the lowering bit is bad! Think they are taking the piss! The rest is average! But what can you say about making springs.

Might be worth actually visiting them! They were quick to respond to me by email and very polite!

May well be very good at their job

·
Registered
233 Posts
Set of springs he quoted £160 if I wanted it lowered 60mm all round! If your unsure and they aren't far pay them a visit :)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Email he sent below

2 OPTIONS, ALEX

1. We can lower any spring kit you send us-£90/cash. Delivered. 72 hr service2. We can produce a new set-any spec for £155+vat. Delivered. 15 working days.

NEIL SATUR @ POWERCOIL

·
Registered
145 Posts
Im not sure about these guys it took me 3 months! of painfully slow questions via email to try and get an answer out of them as i cant send my springs because those are kinda the ones im using to drive around on anyway after three months they said they could technically make new springs from just dimensions but just gave up. its was like I was dealing with a child to get a straight answer

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you could use something off another car to replace the Up! spring.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Davec86 said:
Probably, I'm half tempted to just chop a coil or two off if I'm honest!
Bear in mind most of the coil is actually coilbound when the car is on it's wheels, so don't take too much off as there's only about 2 'active' coils each end of the spring. I'd see if a Cords spring would fit, as they seem shorter but similar in 'beehive' design.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha. Fair does, and where would one get a set that are short enough?
I'd rather try that than chopping away at mine!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts