Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are my eye playing tricks on me?

Are volkswagen offering the up! driver a DAB radio for £200(GBP) extra?

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/up-nf/configure/extras/1243/1247

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yes, is now an option.

The recent Map and more Garmin update also had a mention of DAB support.

Would be good to know if it can be a retro fit easily and economically.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its been available for a while. When i placed my order a month ago i specced DAB

Quite expensive but worth it as its future proof

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Harrelson said:
Quite expensive but worth it as its future proof

and the reception cannot possibly be as bad as the stock fm unit!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Must be a signal issue as I have no problem with reception on my standard FM radio.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
prob because live in the sticks!!.....I just stream internet radio from my phone anyway, (a benifit of unlimited data on 3)

·
Registered
70 Posts
if anyone has the model number it would be useful.

I have the halfords sonichi add on at the mo, but it's definitely a stop-gap as far as I am concerned.
FM reception has definitely got worse over the past year.

·
Registered
587 Posts
My up! Had poor FM signal reception. The DAB unit in my new Polo is crystal clear on FM or DAB. Always thought the aerial or signal booster were not good enough.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes - I was going to replace mine in view of FM being switched off but now it has had a stay of execution because of the lack of 'take up' of dab I decided not to proceed. I was told about the PURE add on but that was priced at £289 fitted which was to close to the exchange unit. It come as a complete unit with the control knobs - there is a VW sales leaflet - just go and shout at your dealer

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have unlimited data on my phone contract and use an app called TuneIn radio which has nearly every radio station in the world listed!
I connect it via bluetooth to maps & more and listen all sort of weird and wonderful stations.
IMHO it's better than dab

·
Registered
70 Posts
I haven't heard back from my dealer which is a little poor IMHO as we're probably looking at IRO £400 to retro fit which I'm perfectly happy to pay.

Their loss really, I still need the model number of the DAB radio if anyone has it?

Otherwise I'll lose patience and get the PURE add on which has excellent reviews and the dealer will lose out permanently.

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I, like others use the internet radio option but now that spotify is free on mobile, problem solved!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts