Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitting an after market radio cables is pretty easy to do.

This is a guide to the cables.

So I had to purchase a VW - ISO one from eBay, pretty easy done also a radio cable adaptor as the aerial is completely different. i will post links to everything i have purchased tomorrow.

Sorry the first shot is a bit blurred but it shows the two cables

As the rear speakers in the doors are not going to go via the loom of the car I have blanked them off and heat sealed them.

All the other cables are joint and heat sealed too.

Easy to check your cables are right by plugging the two ends into each other and then you can check the wiring. If you get one speaker the wrong way round it will be out of phase and sound shocking

The plastic fitting is the next part on the way. This bit and the rear wires is a bit iffy especially as the plastic can be cheap and the metal clips can come loose.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
260501537477Audi/BMW/Ford/<wbr style="line-height: normal;">VW/Vauxhall Fakra Aerial Adaptor PC5-100
Aerial adaptor

<div ="iti-eu-txt="" iti-eu-pd="" u-flr"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 8px 0px 0px; border: 0px; line-height: normal;"><div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">180973747231White Short USB Data cable sync charge lead for Apple iPod iPhone 4S 4 4G 3GS 3
<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">Miniture ipod cable
<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">

<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">
<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">270637249079Volkswagen Car CD Radio Wiring Loom Harness ISO Adaptor
<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">ISO harness
<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="font-size: 10px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">

<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="font-size: 10px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">All from ebay
<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="font-size: 10px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;">

<div ="u-fll="" iti-act-num"="" style="font-size: 10px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px;"><div ="iti-eu-txt iti-eu-pd u-flR" style="margin: 0px; padding: 8px 0px 0px; border: 0px; : right; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana !imant;">

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
Nice job mate, If I didn't have M&M , I'd defo upgrade the head unit like you.

My way round no dab is to use my phone to stream radio (I've unlimited data plan) ...clunky but infinite radio stations....drove IN to work this morning listening to an evening show from OZ !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funny you say that. I just used BT to connect to my Samsung and streamed a podcast. Sounded great but unlimited Virgin isn't great here even if it sits on the EE network.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,147 Posts
I'm with '3' and it has great 3g and indeed 4g coverage here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts