Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps, just received my High Up! on Friday - generally I am very pleased, however I was expecting it to come equipped with a DAB radio, as seems to be standard on all models, unfortunately this does not seem to be the case... (unless anyone can advise me otherwise if I am overlooking something, picture below to show where I think it should be
)

Does anyone have any details on when the DAB options were added, and maybe if anything else was added at the time to give me a clue to as whether mine should have this or not?

It was not a factory build, but was brand new, and it is a MY14 (and I spoke about it having the DAB capability with the dealer when ordering).

Thanks in advanced, cheers, Ed

·
Registered
851 Posts
I took delivery of my MY14 car on 3 March 2014 and mine doesn't have DAB either. I must have just missed out too.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In Germany it has never been standard - but this won't help you ...

I can tell you that the "2015 up!" production began CW22 ...
All European VW sites changed their specs for the new versions some weeks before (because there is a delay between ordering and the CW22 production). Every country has its standard colours and variations which are included.

In Germany you have the most possibilities to vary because you have to pay extra for everything. In the UK, you get less opportunities but have more standard equipment in your up!s.

As AlanG writes, the DAB must have been an option for "2014" up!s in the UK while it's standard now. I think the UK changed their website about 6 weeks ago. So, you saw the standard when ordering a new "specially built" up! (produced CW22 or later).

Dealers would have to keep the brochures of all up!s and have to find out when your up! was built.

When I got my brand new up! 8 days ago, my dealer told me that you don't have to push down the gear lever to change to reverse. I told her, that I don't think so because my up! was produced after CW15 (or was it CW18?). All up!s after this CW have the "push down" (which isn't stated in any brochure). I was right - mine has it. AlanGs might not have it?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys - I don't know if Mr G has the sports pack(?), but mine does not have the black roof liner like new ones appear to either - I do not mind about this, but I was looking forward to tuning into Planet Rock pt 6 Music when driving...

I also don't have to push my knob down to place it into reverse (I found this out as I specifically tried, as my previous VW had this feature).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I collected my up! last week. It does not have DAB, and the specs did not advertise DAB as standard when ordered (end of March) but does have push to reverse. I think the specs were updated on VW UK website to make it standard at the beginning of May, before mine was built, and presumably the new spec orders went into production a few weeks later.Edited by: jcpren

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The up!s have this reverse push since (mid of?) April 2014 ...

You wrote that you did not order your up! (and did not have to wait 8-12 weeks).
Then your up! might have been built in March or early April 2014?

Found a UK brochure from December 2013 and there is no word of DAB as standard ...

The black roof:
There aren't any black roofs yet! The first black roof up!s might be delivered this or within the next two weeks. Zimbo will be one of the first ones in the UK.

EDIT:

jcpren said:
I collected my up! last week. It does not have DAB, and
the specs did not advertise DAB as standard when ordered (end of March)
but does have push to reverse. I think the specs were updated on VW UK
website to make it standard at the beginning of May, before mine was
built, and presumably the new spec orders went into production a few
weeks later.

RIGHT!
I ordered mine mid of March. So, your up! has the new "push" as mine has. You up! must have been built first week of May 2014. The specs on the website were updated in April because everyone who orders "his specially built up!" gets it from mid of June on, built from CW22 on (like Zimbos up!).

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
88 Posts
My car goes into production on Sunday (15th) and as far I know it will have DAB as standard and will be coming with the new black headlining like Cadfael has said.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Dab first appeared as a cost option this MY ie 2014 MY.....has it now become standard? The ipad config app has no mention of it and the UK website is down for an update....? MY15 updates perhaps

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cadfael, you are right, I did not order it as a factory build - it was waiting to be shipped to the UK when I bought it - so I do not know exactly when it was built - however I did discuss this with the dealer (emailing to confirm it was a current High Up! model), to ensure I got the extras such as DAB, spare wheel and sound pack as standard.

PrivateDoc, I cannot load up the configurator at the moment for some reason or another - but the standard kit was listed in full if you go through the configurator all the way to the screen where you would add extras such as the sensor pack etc - and then expand the box at the top left and it listed the standard equipment including DAB.
Any idea what price this used to be when it was an option?

I have emailed the dealer, so I will see what he says, he maybe able to get it installed at their workshop for me?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
was a £250 option over the standard radio

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
OK, just updated my configurator...yes, DAB standard but looks like you have to configure it, ie no-cost option at order point now

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I ordered my high up of the 2015 build you couldn't even tick the DAB as on option because it wasn't even there, I'm hoping it's actually on my car! Same story with the black roof lining, like Zimbo I should be one of the first in the country with it as mine left the factory yesterday, so excited! ˜�˜�

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just ordered a brand new high up but 2014 my spec at good discount. No DAB radio as that is now standard on my 2015 cars in the uk. No other changes between 2014 and 2015 according to the dealer.
Just need to find someone to install a cruise control now as my wife loves it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dealer's are odd places aren't they ˜‚ Only other new thing is the black roof lining with the sports pack.
How come you didn't order the cruise control with the car?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Barry,

You didn't order the senor pack???
It includes the cruise control ...

Difference between 14-15 are the sport packs, which include the black roof lining now ...

Don't know if you cn get the 65% tinted three rear windows for every up! model in the UK now. This is another 14-15 difference. It is available in Germany (and surely the one or other European country).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Because the car was a 2014 spec we got a large discount but the car was a standard High Up so no chance of getting the cruise and rear sensors on the car. Car was £9600 instead of £11600 so good bargain as they dont normally discount much and they only had one in the colour we wanted. It will be registered on the 1st July . A brand new one was around £12000 with the sensors and cruise for 64 reg but as we intend to keep it for at least three years the letter difference will not be significant in the future.Edited by: Barrywi

·
Registered
44 Posts
I ordered mine 25Apr and DAB was still an option than as I paid extra for it... knowing my usual luck they started fitting it as standard on 26Apr

·
Registered
44 Posts
I checked the UK configurator just and although DAB is now standard there has been price rise so I paid less as option than now as standard.. my luck changed

if cruise control is now standard I am still happy as I don't like it and wouldnt use it

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
AuntieSpam said:
if cruise control is now standard I am still happy as I don't like it and wouldnt use it
I don't use it on motorways or "long, straight roads". We have many "20 mph zones" ("Zone 30") here in Germany - and to much speed cameras. My cruise control is set to 20 mph (32 km/h) - so, I drive as fast as possible but within the law ...

I first wanted to ask you if the basic price for a high up! stayed the same - but didn't do it. You gave the answer yourself. Hope, you can handle your luck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts