Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Newbie question, my son has just got a 2013 Take Up which is in lovely condition but the lower part of the front spoiler is damaged at both ends, the lower part of the black plastic trim has split at both ends, the top black part is fine.

From a quick google the black part looks to be in 3 pieces (part number 1S0.071.606), my question is can you get just the bottom two sections of the black part and if so how easy are they to remove and refit?

Not critical I know but does sort of ruin the look of the front of the car :)

Any advice welcome

Warm regards

Pete

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Pete,
Welcome to the forum! In theory, yes, you can separate all the bumper parts and replace just the bits that are damaged. Someone on the forum did just that with their grille (of course I can't now find that post again). However, most of us are finding that the plastic parts are suffering from age, and prone to splitting (possibly what's already happened to the parts you mentioned). The bottom parts should be easier to access, but you may still need to take the whole bumper off to reach securing screws holding them into the main bumper section.
I've been caught out before with part numbers for bumpers, because the online parts catalogue (ETKA) includes every permutation in its drawings, including those not sold in the UK. So, since the Take and Move Up!s are very similar externally, I've gone and had a look at mine (2015) to work out which parts are actually relevant:

And here's the relevant drawing for the 2013 car from ETKA, complete with screw locations:

Linking photos and part numbers, we have the following, though you will need to watch out for paint code variants (and the higher the letter at the end of the part code, the more likely it belongs to a later model than yours).

My carETKAPart no.
1101S0807221C or D
2121S0853677E
3131S0853665A
4151S0805903A, C or D

Hope that helps get your son's car closer to its original appearance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

Sorry for the late reply, thanks ever so much for the very detailed information, very much appreciated

Son is loving his Up, my wife used to have a Lupo which she has always regretted selling and so even she is enjoying it!

Cheers

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts