Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

There is a piece of plastic underneath my UP which has been damaged while going over a ramp. It is on the drivers side underneath the seat, and it looks like it is protecting a pipe of some kind. It was held on at three locations and is now only held on by what looks like two screws.

I was wondering if anybody knew what this part was called? How easy it is to replace? And the cost of these parts?

Any information would be helpful. Sorry for the vague description!

Many thanks,

Pawson

·
Super Moderator
1,492 Posts
I think you are referring to the black plastic covers that clip onto the pressed floor rails just behind the engine bay. They are to protect the brake lines and possibly the fuel pipes too. I always catch mine on high speedbumps, so one has broken the rear clip and is hanging down.

I've not yet looked at it properly to see if its the clip that is broken or the cover itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys,

Thank you for your quick response. I will try and post a picture this afternoon.

However, I thinkShakotanhasfigured outwhat I meant. It was also broken when going over a large bump. My plastic cover has snapped around the front right clip, and I don't think I'll be able to repair it. I was wondering where I'd be able to get a replacement? Or if this part has an 'official' name?

·
Registered
309 Posts
When I looked at them when I first got my car, thought that they were just there to protect the floor/chassis rails at the front where they are fixed to, from getting scraped by obstacles and then getting corroded, didn't know they were protecting pipes/lines too.

On Etka they are called 'Underbody trim' there's a left and right version(comes with the collar nuts), and there's a 'hexagon head bolt 5x16' listed seperately. Would imagine these will be main dealer only with the car being so new.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts