Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many numpties cut you up every day on the roads that I was thinking of installing a dash-cam

There seems to be loads available, from bloody awful to expensive and good

Has anyone any experience of these? been looking at 2 in particular, the transcend Drive-Pro 200 (cheap and ok) and the Roadhawk HD (expensive and fully featured)

with my mileage of 25k+ miles a year, thought it might be a good thing to record everything on a loop

open to all advice, recomendations etc

cheers

PD

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have the giz pro unit in my car. Power is fed down the internal rubber seal and then goes into the 12v. At some point I will get it hard wired but this work fine. As soon as you switch the car on it starts recording and when you switch off it stops. Film is stored on a micro sd card and will overwrite old footage when full. For £50 it's good value. I don't rate the LCD screen on it, but it's not needed. It's video footage is good for the price.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
A 21st Century black box for cars; and an equally double edged sword.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Folks, ordered the transcend drivepro 200 , will report on how good it is.

dashcam

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
arrived this morning...this really is an excellent bit of kit, video quality is fantastic and so easy to use, esp with the ios app.....great value for money £87 at amazon

highly recommended !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Is the trim different on the other side? Will have to look tomorrow.
I was concerned about the cable ending up near the pedal's if I routed it the other way, is there a panel I can hide the cable behind on the drivers side?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts