Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a biggie but noticed that the rear de mister light was dimmer than all of the other buttons. Anyone else had this?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doesn't look too bad in that photo, the button looks a lot dimmer from the drivers seat.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Bulb in switch slipped a wee bit?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my first experience of service hasn't been great.

I explained the issue to the service desk, tech looks at car and reports back no issue.

"Sir it will only light up once the car has been run in..." I reply "I don't see what it has to do with running in. As the car has done 1200 miles, and it was perfect when new, I want to see the service manager!"

Service manager shown and part is on order, it comes as a cluster. I got a full apology thankfully, I was fuming as I was being fobbed off. I don't see how a rear de mist screen will only work once a car is run in anyway!

I do hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Supermegamonkee said:
I explained the issue to the service desk, tech looks at car and reports back no issue.

"Sir it will only light up once the car has been run in..."
Sadly, it seems true that 'some things never change'. My father took delivery of a new MG Magnette (circa 1960). No dashboard lighting. Was told "there isn't any on this mode". Subsequently dealer's electrician had a look and found an unconnected wire just hanging there (it was pre-PCB days). I watched him as he spliced it into the appropriate supply cable using a soldering iron to melt cable insulation to get a wire to connect.

Edited by: PeterWestSussex

1 - 6 of 6 Posts