·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No Gary. Why would you want to?

·
Registered
727 Posts
uschnluk1 said:
I like the dash lights on all the time..

Is it even possible to see that the dash lights are on in broad daylight..?

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
The dash lights on the up! are ALWAYS lit, regardless of whether the headlights are on or not. The only time they do NOT illuminate, is when the 'twilight' sensor kicks in and dims them to remind you to put your lights on.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, it senses if you're about to read Twilight, then slaps you in the face for getting such stupid idea.

On a serious note: It senses when light is fading, and then starts to flicker to remind you to turn on your headlights.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You just don't get it!I want the cluster backlight on all the time as if the headlight switch was on - forget all the darkness bs sensing

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
We get it. It's a design feature to help idiots who forget to put their lights on when its dark. I assume you never forget.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bevee - I appreciate sourcing my name - ha ha for your personalising your interactions - are you just a rule follower or an open minded, sometimes innovative "senior person" on this website?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
uschnluk1 said:
Bevee - I appreciate sourcing my name - ha ha for your personalising your interactions - are you just a rule follower or an open minded, sometimes innovative "senior person" on this website?
I'm just a grumpy old fart who has difficulty understanding some of the comments on this site. I often wonder how much research people do before making a purchase. I think it's a good idea to be reminded to put the headlights on when its dark. Hopefully this forum allows freedom of expression without fear of being labeled a rule follower, open minded or whatever. Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
106 Posts
Beevee said:
I'm just a grumpy old fart who has difficulty understanding some of the comments on this site. I often wonder how much research people do before making a purchase. For example how can you buy an Up! And then complain that it only seats four? I think it's a good idea to be reminded to put the headlights on when its dark. Hopefully this forum allows freedom of expression without fear of being labeled a rule follower or narrow minded.

I really agree with you on this.
So far I've done alot of research on this car, for as long as 6 months before i ordered the car. Just to figure out any and every flaw/setback of this car. Because for me, this isn't just an small grab in my pocket. Here in Denmark, I have to bottom out £14.7K for this little car, and I'm also a student.

So yeah, one would expect people to research in what the fiddle they buy.
Edited by: Blackpuppy

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
uschnluk1 said:
You just don't get it!I want the cluster backlight on all the time as if the headlight switch was on - forget all the darkness bs sensing
YOU just don't get it.

Driving during the day - the cluster backlight will be on.
Driving at night - your headlamps will be on, so the cluster backlight will be on
Driving at Twilight - the cluster will dim to remind you to put your headlights/sidelights on, so put your headlights/sidelights on - the cluster backlight will be on.

So, to summarise, as long as you turn your headlights on when it starts to get dark, your cluster backlight WILL ALWAYS BE ON.

The only time it WONT be on, is when you forget to put your lights on when it starts to get dark.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts