Up Owners Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Tommus which part of the trim is this please?
It鈥檚 the red part between the stereo and the air vent, one side was pushed in further apparently. Drive it this morning at 1 degrees and no noise at all 馃槉

Registered
Got the car back today and rattle gone, the red plastic trim hasn鈥檛 been fitted properly above the glovebox near the air vent. Popped it back in place and no more noise. I鈥檒l see if it comes back tho in a couple of days as usually worse when driven cold. Dealer were very good though and were determined to find the source and fix it.
Great news! I still need to investigate, but I don鈥檛 think I鈥檝e even had the GTI out the garage since I last replied to this thread.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Hmmm rattle seems to have come back, more of a vibrating noise now! Does lowering the tyre pressure cause more rattles/vibrations than having them at the recommended setting?

Registered
No, if anything, because of there being more compliance in the tyre between the wheel and the road, it would be just the opposite, but I seriously doubt if that has anything to do with your dash rattle anyway..

Registered
Discussion Starter #26
I think I鈥檝e found it, don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 the dash, I think the passenger side seat belt holder is vibrating against the side of the seat!! Any ideas on how to stop it??

Registered
Firstly see if you think it's been assembled correctly at the factory. If it looks ok and fixings are tight, then use something soft to pack between the faces that are vibrating together. If the car is in warranty, get them to look at it the next time it goes in for a service.

Registered
I think I鈥檝e found it, don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 the dash, I think the passenger side seat belt holder is vibrating against the side of the seat!! Any ideas on how to stop it??
Yes, get some self-adhesive black felt ordered from Amazon and cut a piece to shape. Mine does exactly the same.

Registered
Hi Tommus try the areas of side of dash/door panel and also the bonnet opener area and associated panels and treat if necessary with Gummi Pflege

Registered
I had that. I thought it was the glovebox for a while. I used some sticky back foam stuck to the holder. I have some that is about 5mm thick. Only needed a small sqaure.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts