Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

After a long time in the VW dealers today and after a lot of consideration we have pretty much decided to go for the Up! High Up Candy White, simply because when I had added the extras I wanted to the Move up, it came out as more expensive per month (90p, not much, but bizarre!). We were also advised the High up would be worth more when we came to sell it (we are doing pcp and opting for balloon payment at the end). Anyway, thinking the spec was pretty high for the Up! High, we asked for a body coloured dashboard, i.e candy white and were told we couldn't do this, is this really the case, do we need to have black??? This seems very basic for paying all that extra. Not fussed about the maps and more but am fussed about the white dashboard!!!! Anyone know if that advicle r.e only being able to have a black dashboard is correct?? Many thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can have red or silver as well, but the white body+white dashboard combination is reserved for the white up!. However, you can get the white dashboard if you go with another body colour. Strange.My up! is candy white with red dashboard and beige-red seats. It's lovely, I can't recommend it enough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kevin, thank-you for this info, I guess it is a marketing thing to get more people to buy the Up! White. Your combination sounds lovely, we have looked on the Internet and ate trying to visualise it, are you able to post any pics of the interior and exterior? Also, are the beige and red seats classed as the Polka cloth salsa red and grey ones (JT) and are they easy to keep clean? Are the surround that go with the red dash "Cornsilk"? Many thanks, Fiona

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't help you with the names, because they call the colours differently here. It's very easy to keep it clean for us, but we don't use it on a daily basis, just for shopping or going to the lake house, because public transport is very good. The car is one year old and has only 5800 kilometres on the odometer, but it's as clean and beautiful as new. Yes the white+white thing is clearly a dumb VW stunt, as the lack of boot light and things like that (because the idiots at the marketing department think, that you will buy a Polo just to have boot light or a switch on your side for the passenger window :))

Here are some pics.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank-you so much that combination looks fantastic..it just brings a real lightness and sunnyness to the car which is really appealing. I drive about 240 miles a week to work during term time, I guess I will just have to be extra cautious and not drink my tea in the car! I think I have nearly made up my mind on this combination, thank-you so much I really appreciate you posting these pics, I will keep you posted! Best wishes, Fiona

·
Registered
583 Posts
Fi4248 said:
when I had added the extras I wanted to the Move up, it came out as more expensive
A bit weird, but it's like that everywhere !

The highest spec is actually the best buy.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well I have learnt something else! When I read this I went on the configurator to have a look lol have you ordered yet? If not have a look at the light blue, with light blue dash! It's very much white but with a twist lol an is a free colour so may be cheaper on your monthly payment but I don't know

·
Registered
81 Posts
kevin_spacey said:
I can't help you with the names, because they call the colours differently here. It's very easy to keep it clean for us, but we don't use it on a daily basis, just for shopping or going to the lake house, because public transport is very good. The car is one year old and has only 5800 kilometres on the odometer, but it's as clean and beautiful as new. Yes the white+white thing is clearly a dumb VW stunt, as the lack of boot light and things like that (because the idiots at the marketing department think, that you will buy a Polo just to have boot light or a switch on your side for the passenger window :))

Here are some pics.

I am jealous, your colour scheme is stunning!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fi4248 said:
Hi there,

After a long time in the VW dealers today and after a lot of consideration we have pretty much decided to go for the Up! High Up Candy White, simply because when I had added the extras I wanted to the Move up, it came out as more expensive per month (90p, not much, but bizarre!). We were also advised the High up would be worth more when we came to sell it (we are doing pcp and opting for balloon payment at the end). Anyway, thinking the spec was pretty high for the Up! High, we asked for a body coloured dashboard, i.e candy white and were told we couldn't do this, is this really the case, do we need to have black??? This seems very basic for paying all that extra. Not fussed about the maps and more but am fussed about the white dashboard!!!! Anyone know if that advicle r.e only being able to have a black dashboard is correct?? Many thanks.

I got the black dashboard and its very nice and classy also you can just get the dash wrapped in vynl in any colour you want! alot cheaper than buying a up white.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Out of interest can you retro swap dashboard facias? i.e. a black for a red?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there, just to say I ordered the white high up, red dash and Cornsilk interior (well, it's kind of white-ish/cream ish isn't it?) and the red/beige seats!!! So thank-you for that advice and to everyone else's advice, but I think Kevin_Spacey hit the nail on the head for me!! So glad I came onto this forum

Thank-you for everyone's great comments, down side is I have to wait 12 weeks for the order to come thigh but it is well worth the wait!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fi4248 said:
Hi there, just to say I ordered the white high up, red dash and Cornsilk interior (well, it's kind of white-ish/cream ish isn't it?) and the red/beige seats!!! So thank-you for that advice and to everyone else's advice, but I think Kevin_Spacey hit the nail on the head for me!! So glad I came onto this forum

Thank-you for everyone's great comments, down side is I have to wait 12 weeks for the order to come thigh but it is well worth the wait!!

I'm glad I could help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts