Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Daylight running.lights on the up have stopped working, but the bulbs are fine ... they come on when headlights are kn and when the engine is off. As soon as I start the engine, they are off, or set the lights to side lights, they are off.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Mrs C,
I replied to your other post on the matter - it is indeed time to change your bulbs:

Hi Mrs C,
The daytime running lights (DRLs) are two-filament bulbs, so one glass cover provides separate filaments for the side lights and DRLs. It's a little hard to tell from your description, but either one or both of these filaments have gone, and the only solution is to replace the bulbs. Here's my post from another user with the same problem (it seems to be very common!), as well as info on how to replace the bulbs:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi
Daylight running.lights on the up have stopped working, but the bulbs are fine ... they come on when headlights are kn and when the engine is off. As soon as I start the engine, they are off, or set the lights to side lights, they are off.
Any ideas?
Thank you.
Hi this happened to me too the bulb has gone o one side but it also blows the fuse in the fuse box just under the steering wheel the box is not listed or numbered I've looked all over the net and ant find anything. you just need to look one by one and replace it when you find it and put 2 new bulbs in should be fine ..... greg

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi this happened to me too the bulb has gone o one side but it also blows the fuse in the fuse box just under the steering wheel the box is not listed or numbered I've looked all over the net and ant find anything. you just need to look one by one and replace it when you find it and put 2 new bulbs in should be fine ..... greg
If it's a pre-2018 model, it's probably fuse #22 (10A), but could also be #4 (7.5A) - can you remember what was written on the one you had to change?

Full listing at: Fuse Box Diagram Volkswagen Up! (2011-2017)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts