Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!!

Am busily waiting for my high up to arrive!!

I read somewhere that there is day running ligiting on the up- but what does it actually look like, is it like side lights or are they leds? Does anyone have any pics?

Thank you guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
well imprettysure on the high up it would be the normal headlights that isconstantlyon like my polo i dont hav led running lights but the headlights are always on

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah i see! awesome. Feels like such a long time for my up to come!!!

Thanks for posing guys :)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I've asked my VW to ask their engineers if they can change the DRL's to run on the fog lights instead of the side lights like a lot of other cars (Polo Bluemotion, Kia Picanto, etc) so hoping they can do it!

·
Registered
655 Posts
What you probably see, and MINI is the best example of this, Is DRL's that are built into the same area that houses the foglight. BUT they are not the intensity of a foglight. This is an important point. If you look at the latest MINI next time you see one you shall see the upper part of the foglight area is DRL and the lower section the foglight. Just to be a total nerd if you are getting confused!!

For this reason I suspect you will not be able to run DRL's through the fog unit on the up! as this is designed for the fog lights only. And the fact DRL's have to be a lower less intense light than fog lights.
Edited by: MarkyMark

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
M5 SUT said:
buzlightyear said:
sorry to be boring but it is illegal to use fogs unless it is foggy.
One of my pet hates is fog lights left on!

couldnt agree more.... REALLY annoys me!! however, its not illegal, just frowned apon, by people like me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts