Up Owners Club banner

What type of service did you receive from your dealer?

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very good

• Average

• Poor

• Very Poor

• Never use this dealer again!!!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've noticed a lot of members have had mixed experiences at the dealers and I wondered what the general feelings were. My Dealer was absolutely superb to me and would definitely go back there again to buy another car.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Vw Bolton was excellent! Especially the guy I had! Defo be asking for him next time I go in (cough cough up! Gt)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I voted poor for my dealership in Crewe. It's as if as soon as he knew I was waiting for the up! GT he wasn't really interested in showing me around a standard up. I actually booked a test drive but if I hadn't actually suggested taking one for a spin then I don't think he had any intenstion of going for a drive. AND when we did go for a spin it was literally just around an industrial estate, about 5mins drive. I had no chance to get a feel of what a standard up can do. And I mean standard... It was a bog standard take up with no features at all. It was the company's courtesy car for services! I felt quite under valued by the end of it. I hope they do better when I go to get my hands on a GT

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Wilxay. I'm sorry to hear that. My dealership (Parkways Volkswagen) in Derby were amazing and couldn't do enough for me! My sales exec was superb, as was the whole experience. A lot of dealers could learn a thing or two from these guys. Is there another dealership that you could go to?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've suffered with a local VW dealer in the past. Absolutely useless, as they obviously employed idiots.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I used Parkway Derby as well and absolutely agree, first class service. The collection is amazing, the car is covered by a cloth and you get to unveil it. We've had 3 cars from them and will continue using them.

Where are you from M4796P? I live in Ripley.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would recommend Milton Keynes. I don't think I got the lowest price but they put a lot of effort in showing us that they appreciated our business and had a nice selection of freebies thrown in. And our sales lady did as good job of indulging my excitement!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I will go to the Crewe dealer again when the gt is out and see if they are any better when I'm actually looking to buy a car

·
Registered
179 Posts
My Up! is on order through Colborne's nr Guildford and I have to say they have been superb. I felt a valued customer, was allowed a decent test drive and never pressured on anything once. Since then they have stayed in touch regarding order progress with telephone calls every couple of weeks. I can only hope this sort of service transfers to the swervice side when it happens.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Dadog said:
My Up! is on order through Colborne's nr Guildford and I have to say they have been superb. I felt a valued customer, was allowed a decent test drive and never pressured on anything once. Since then they have stayed in touch regarding order progress with telephone calls every couple of weeks. I can only hope this sort of service transfers to the swervice side when it happens.
This is where we got ours from great price and good service which sales person are you dealing with ?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dealt with Adam Basheer .Lovely bloke and very helpful.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
]Where are you from M4796P? I live in Ripley. 
[/QUOTE]

Hi Allybasher. Sorry about the delay in replying to you but I've been out all day. I'm from Swadlincote near Burton on Trent. I was blown away that a dealer could be so good, and thought that the unveiling of my car from under the car cover was really nice! This is my 1st VW, but now it certainly won't be my last after that!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got my up from Bryan Byrt Volkswagen in Capalaba, the majority of my dealing with them were via email, I only went there for the first time to take delivery.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I haven't voted because I have mixed experiences.

Citygate were awful; pushy, deceptive with pricing and in the end, expensive.

Windrush were excellent; friendly, efficient and in the end much cheaper.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The car under cover trick is standard VW dealer policy. I personally think it is a bit naff, and insisted that my car was left outside for me when I collected.

I am not being a grumpy old git, and appreciate that for some, especially if it is their first new car, this will impress them........it is just not for for me.

Edited by: Truth-seeker

·
Registered
811 Posts
I get to Burton occasionally, I 'll look out for you M4796P.

I'm also a grumpy old git and have had loads of new cars but I quite like the unveiling ceremony. We have had 3 of them at Parkway, 2 Ups and a Fox and it gives a sense of occasion.
Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I never got an unveiling. My car was just parked outside the portakabin the dealer was working out if. I feel a bit disappointed now, especially if it's supposedly standard practice.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mine was parked outside too, but as the salesman knew what I did for a living told him just to throw keys at me and I would be on my way. So not much point doing a reveal, as I get a new car every 3-6 months, but to be honest I was more excited about getting the up than I expected ! I think this is because it was for my girlfriend and is her first new car ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts