Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again have had to email dealer to see where I am for delivery. Thought my dealer was spot on as known them for years and my husband used to work for them, but seem's if I don't get intouch they don't.Las told couple of weeks ago car at Emden but where is it now ??

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Missing in action?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think your right !! and wondering why I am getting rid of my 07 polo ??? NO it is going ...... the waiting is just getting too much

·
Registered
119 Posts
Seems the only thing that lets VW down is communication Is it just us small fry or is it the same if you bought a r32 or passat etc

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi Mumski. Do you live far from your dealer? I was at the dealers every two weeks to get updates!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No about 15 mins away, do you think it would help if I went in there.
Dealer S.G.Smith Crown point South London

·
Registered
160 Posts
I made excuses for the reasons to visit - wanted to know what accessories there were, just checking that you have this on my car or just passing and wanted to look at the Up in the showroom. He always talked to us and gave us an update while we were there!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have to say my dealer was brilliant. He rang me every Monday morning without fail whilst I was waiting for my up! to be delivered, even if he didn't have any news. Top marks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mumski

Our car is build week 17 and is somewhere in england on its way to the dealer hopefully.

Once the car has been built the dealer should be able to give you the chassis number, ours could! Ours has now issued the registration number, and I would guess will call towards the end of the week.

See the post below from funkdubious as its informative as to what the dealer should be able to tell you and when.

If your salesperson is uncooperative ring the number for the garage and ask to speak to the dealer principle, or the sales manager and explain clearly that you are not happy with their service and lack of information and that you need to chase them all the time. Then ask them clearly what they are going to do about it.

We were told the car could sit in Emden for 12 days and its arrival port for days as well.

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/build-week-18_topic500_post5352.html?KW=status#5352

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
VW should have a consumertracking system that we could log into and track progress. It would free up lots of time for the sales guys..
I can track my £10 UPS parcel all the way from the other side of the world.. why can't I track my car?

·
Registered
423 Posts
While I'm desperate to get my car I'm not that worried about the dealer keeping in touch - no news is good news I hope! No cause for complaint so far though, I do know it is week 20 build (this week I think) and he reckons early to Mid June delivery.
However if I hear nothing by the start of June I will be asking for an update then. I've a holiday to enjoy before then though!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts