Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anyone is thinking about buying steel wheels, either for fitting a spare or for winter tyres, my local VW dealer has quoted £40.36 (inc VAT) for one steel wheel. They can't compete with My Tyres prices (£25) of course but worth considering...

Also, the dealer quoted £18 for an Up wheel trim - a bit expensive perhaps but better fitting than Halfords offerings.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Which dealer is this? Mine started trotting out the price and when we fit to £150+ for the steel wheel and tyre I told him I wasn't interested anymore.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Markmod1, my local VW dealership is Ingrams of Ayr. The price quoted was not any sort of special deal or anything of that nature. I just called the parts department and was given the quote.

I can't understand why your dealership would quote such a ridiculous price for a wheel and tyre. The parts department in the average dealership has to meet sales targets etc. So it is in their interest to sell as many spares as possible.

Incidentally, I collected four steel wheels today along with some wheel trims. I paid the prices indicated in my initial post. Within the next month or two I plan to buy some winter tyres to go with the wheels, if I can save up enough cash of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts