Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just collected the new UP today. The dealer experience has been the worst ever. I have previously bought seven new cars and several more used cars. I won't bore everyone with all the problems/ duff info and 'power selling' prior to picking the UP, up. When we did, as we had opted for the tyre repair kit, we asked how it was used. The answer was "...just connect the aerosol to the tyre"- seemed odd as we have a Kia and that requires the fluid to be added to the pump before inflating. "No just connect the aerosol to the tyre". Travelled home and went to read the handbook to check. No handbook, no recovery details. Now without being sexist, it was my wife who drove it home along the 50/70 mph dual carriageway which connects the dealers to our house. I shudder to think what would have happened if she had had a puncture- incorrect instructions, no handbook and no recovery phone number in addition to the low petrol (as soon as the forecourt was left it turned out it was already running in the reserve area) after having been assured all the information was there including a tank of petrol. So no information on running in. Oh and the tyre pressures were wrong as well. Incidentally the car took 33.04 litres to fill up the 35 litre tank after having covered 9 miles, so you can work out approx how much was in the tank. To keep ourselves amused, the radio instructions with the car are in German only.

I hope the car lives up to VW's reputation, even if the dealer did not. It is a super car to drive. Auf Wiedersehen for now. Mike

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
does sound like they were thinking along the lines of, well we have sold it now dont have to do anymore work. I cant say that I had the same experience, mine was alot better.

however, I can point out, the number for the recovery is on the back of the tax disc holder your dealer will have supplied.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sounds like a nightmare!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not much customer care from that lot. Our dealer puts at least £10 of fuel in, sometimes more if you twist their arm during negotiations. As for the wrong radio instructions that doesn't say much for their PDI efforts!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Although I'm no customer care expert, to me it does not take much toturn customers into happy customers.Alittle bit of extra effort is all that is required...I saw this described elsewhere as generating the 'WOW factor'. The dealership in this case sadly don't seem to know how to spell wow.

·
Registered
956 Posts
My dealer wasn't exactly brilliant at communication during the wait for my up! but he certainly made up for it on the day of collection. They really went out of their way to make it feel like a special occasion and I basically forgot all the bad stuff.

Sounds like yours has just made a bad situation worse. Shocking treatment, very bad form, shame on them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update
Had a follow up phone call from the dealers as part of their QA. They wanted to know how the sales process had been for us and were horrified when they found out. They have bent over backwards to try and put things right and have assured us that our treatment was unusual and mainly the result of a new sales person. Thought it only right to update evrryone.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well at least your dealer is trying to reverse the situation. I guess the new sales person could now be an ex-sales person!!

Hope it's the end of your problems from now.

The experience with my dealer was excellent all the way. Couldn't and still can't fault them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
What do you mean you add fluid to the pump? My other half works for a tyre repair company, the foam is just pumped through the value from the can.

Shocking about the petrol, why didn't your good lady go back in if she was assured a full tank, I would have been in like a rocket! I got half a tank and wasn't charged like some......all dealers are not created equal!!!

The only thing I was happy with was the hand over!Edited by: ZumbaQueen

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HI Zumba

The 12volt compressor supplied with the car has an illustration on it showing what to do. It shows the fluid should be connected to the compressor befor inflating, presumably to pump the fluid in first, so that it can seal any puncture. We used to carry a puncture repair aerosol around some time ago, that connected directly to the tyre and inflated and sealed the tyre at the same time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts