Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went into our dealers today to find out more information about the finance pack. (see fixed price servicing thread for update) When we found out our dealer has ordered a Red/Cornsilk dash instead of Red/Anthracite (which it is written on our order form).
Unfortunatly it has gone to status 20, build week 23 (june 4th) so it cannot be changed. The dealers are looking into what they can do about it, but this leaves us with limited options

1, hope the dealer can find a car matching our specs (high up! Tornado Red/ anthracite interior with sensor pack)
2, order a car from scratch. :(

Does anyone want to swap? Have you ordered a High up! Red/Antracite when what you really wanted was Red/Cornsilk?!

Any thoughts?

Ben

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That's a difficult one.. I ordered a red high up with red dash, and it arrived with a black dash. They were going to get the car dash ordered so they could change it, but I actually fell in love with the black when i finally saw it, so have decided to keep it.
Why not wait and have a look at the cornsilk version. I've got it and love it. It's not as creamy as the photos show it..

Good luck anyway.. Keep us posted on what happens.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Does the dealer have that particular one in the showroom? I'm sure if you waited and weren't happy on delivery they could order the correct combo, and let you keep the current one till the order comes... they will easily be able to sell the original one i would imagine.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wow Ben that is a dilemma.

Something like the interior is special as it's the bit you see. What other spec did you order could they swap with another dealer if it's not to elaborate a spec there maybe another if you can't live with the cornsilk?

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think the red/cornsilk looks pretty decent if you have the matching seats (Seehttp://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/so-fresh-and-so-clean_topic777.html) but if you've gone for the anthracite polka seats I could see why it would be an issue.

Assume this is what you ordered?http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/got-my-new-high-up_topic756.html

I didn't consider either of these options as I didn't want a red one. Once you've had one that's faded no amount of convincing from the dealer will convince you that 'it doesn't happen these days'. They both look really smart to be fair but I just went black, black and black!

Have you got any resolution yet? Hope they can sort it for you.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Cornsilk was too light for us, we wanted something a bit darker. The dealers have said they are going to contact us on friday.
They didnt have any unsold ups! even the showroom one got sold after 2 days of arriving. :s

Guess were just sitting tight for 2 days to see what they can get done.
unless of course we swap with someone who has ordered the same spec car in anthracite when they wanted cornsilk...

Ben

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
why did you decide you wanted the darker? because you were concerned it was going to get dirty, or purely you didnt like it so dark?

maybe its a dirty thing they could treat it with the autoglym for free.

its its the other, than I hope it gets sorted for you, maybe they could reorder for you but let you have the one they have ordered until the colour you want turns up#?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just personal preference I suppose, the cornsilk doesnt appeal to us.

Should be getting an update on friday, I'm looking forward to hearing what they have come up with.

Ben

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer rang today, they have found an up! with the same spec we want, its already been built and we will have it in 3 weeks time!

Yay!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts