Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been visiting this forum since I ordered my UP but this is my first post.

I ordered a high UP! On the 22nd of July (over two months ago now). At the time the salesman told me it would be factory made - which I guess it the same for most people ordering their specific UP!s.

However, with around 9 weeks gone the dealership say they still do not have a build week for me but are suggesting an October delivery.

My questions really, to any experienced new car buyers (as this is my first brand new car) are; should I have a build week confirmed by now, and is October a realistic delivery date if there isn't a build date confirmed?

The online tracker is still saying my order is being 'processed' - which I really hope is not the case.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear about your order issues.

At this point you really should have your build week known. Have the dealer check the status code of the order. If there is no build week assigned, I would not be optimistic about a October delivery. The car takes 4-6 weeks to be ready for delivery after its build week.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
sounds like the dealer is at-it !....you should get a 'proposed' build week within about 4 weeks of order, once it gets confirmed (usually jumps forward a wee bit) you can start to plan delivery, best is about 3-4 wks post build, worst (delays at port etc) can be 8 or more.

Contact VW uk and raise this as 9 weeks is certainly way longer than I would expect unless the dealer has sold all his 'allocation' and was spinning you a line about delivery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi

This is my first brand new car too. I ordered on September 3rd and was given a provisional build week the following week. A week later the build week was confirmed (week 41). I would definitely chase this - seems too long to me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and thanks for all the replies,

I'm glad that all of you are saying this time has been too long. I believed this aswell but wanted to check with others experienced with ordering cars from VW and in particular UP!s. I didn't want to go tearing into the dealership suggesting they are taking fat too long when actually it was normal.

I actually had a call from the dealership today, on my way to work, and again his words were 'I have no updates for you' and there is 'still no build week confirmed.

I will ring my dealer by the end of the week, if there is still progress I will contact VW UK.

I just want my UP!
lol.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, ordered our high up, light blue, panoramic roof on 14th sept. Obviously a factory order, dealer rang yesterday to say no news on build date yet. I have a feeling it's going to run into next year. Waiting with anticipation. If we've missed a batch of sunroof bodyshells it could be a long wait.

·
Registered
114 Posts
This is strange, I got the build-week immediately when the order was placed (maybe SEAT does this differently).
My dealer explained to me that they get daily updates for the build status of the cars they order, and SEAT also posts a report on a weekly basis that shows the estimated waiting times for each model.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I ordered my Up! a week later than you did and it arrived at the dealer nearly two weeks ago and took delivery last night.

I got a build date for my Up! two weeks after I placed the order, the same was the case for my Leon although I knew roughly the lead time for SEAT Leon's when I ordered.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The online tracker says 'build week confirmed' but dealer hasn't bothered to phone and update me.

Been thirteen weeks since I ordered it and still no official build week confirmed and no other update or progress.

Be weary for any one thinking of using Worcester VW Listers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi again

I ordered my Move Up! 5-6 weeks after you and it's currently sitting at Emden waiting for a boat (hopefully Thursday). I get an update from my dealer every week.

You should definitely keep chasing!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Unfortunately I think it's down to individual dealers and sales staff to do their job right. There's obviously lots of inconsistency here but in all cases every customer should have an order number within days of ordering their car. The dealer or VW customer services can then enter this number into the system and get a much more accurate update than what is available on the VW customer version 'track my order', my week 39 is still saying 'build week confirmed' but is in fact built and released for shipping from Emden according to the dealer who I have to hassle for information.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Personally I would be on the phone to the dealer and if they are not very forthcoming on the phone to VW customer services. I have only experienced SEAT customer services, but both times they have been spot on sorting out a naughty dealer!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts