Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks
Was just wondering if anyone has debadged there up! Yet??

And if so is it easy to enough to do?

Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
as soon as i got home i removed the silver vw.co.uk bits from the side windows. I thought they looked terrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Very interested in this section of the forum, ordered my black/black MoveUp today, delivery not expected till September, so gives me plenty of time to sort simple mods.

I think the Up is a great looking car as is, already spotted on the other thread that AwesomeGTI are doing springs, I've sourced some wheels, so really a removal and recolour of the silver badges to black is my interest.

Hopefully someone has either the technical knowhow or the nerve to remove a badge and give us some advice... I did pry around the demo model in the showroom but didn't try levering anything off ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had a look at the back badges and i think they will be easy enough to come off but not sure about the front one.

I think am gonna give it a go once my up arrives in 3 weeks time :)
Was just curious if anyone else had tried

Cheers

·
Registered
109 Posts

Debadged Up! by Ashy_87, on Flickr

had a go, prefer it with the badge, looks more like the Skoda without it. maybe with other mods it would suit it better

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i dont like it without the VW badge on the front, it looks depressed and expressionless.... with the badge the car looks happier! lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Took the dealers rear window advertiser sticker off as they had placed it at the top of the rear window.. exactly where the rear road view comes in the rear view mirror ! It created a large black spot and looks far better removed :)

Love the dealer service, professionalism etc. and don't mind advertising their contact details.. just not by obstructing the rear view.

Dave

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just don't think it looks as nice without the badge, with it being such a new car and others very similar being released I think keeping the badge is a must....

·
Registered
145 Posts
I would debadge any other car and thinks it looks nice, but why on earth would you want to debadge the up? it looks absolutely horrible without a badge imo.

·
Registered
128 Posts
<div style="text-align: center;">Skoda maybe.. Lada YES.. Fiat YES..
<div style="text-align: center;">Daewoo YES [ They did it themselves :) ]
<div style="text-align: center;">Hyundai YES Ssang Yong is a MUST DO !!
<div style="text-align: center;">Kia DEFFO !!!
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">BUT a VW baby up! ????...

<div style="text-align: center;">NO ! NO ! NnNnNNNnnnnnnnnOoooooooooooOOoOooOo !!!!

<div style="text-align: center;">Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
HaHa Completly agree with the above comment!!!
Plus I think its a nice logo. plane and simple. they suit cars being there, more then not.

The Up! looks hidious with out it :(

Craig200588 said:
If you debadged it then wouldn't you need a new bonnet, cause isn't there a wee lip on the bonnet where the VW badge sits?
You can have it metal welded and resprayed.

some people do a cheaper job, and buy little plastic inserts that clip into place (...though Id imagine theres none avaible for the Up! at the moment)

or some people do an Eeeeven cheaper job, and don't bother doing anything about the little semi circle, and just leave it there. which just looks lazy. (Even iftheyve got to save to have the bonnet welded or get a clip in bit, they should at least wait untilthey can have it done before sticking in a badgeless grill tsk tsk
)

Edited by: Verity

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, I don't want to debadge mine, just switch the badge out and respray it gloss black and replace it.

Does anyone know if it's on lugs or fixed with adhesive? The Golfs/Audis etc are just pop on/off jobs generally.

·
Registered
35 Posts
One of very few things I'm not totally sold on in the up! is the lack of black background on the front badge (i.e. it has a body coloured background). I'm thinking of ways to 'reinstate' this on my red High up! when it comes... I suppose this might involve removing the badge and placing a black circle or decal behind... perhaps something removable, in case I don't like it after all!

I'll have to photoshop it so I can see how it would look.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Well I don't know about the Up! badges, but the Scirocco badges are stuck on with adhesive. Just heat them up with a hair-dryer to get the glue to melt enough and peel off... Then get some decent adhesive tape to glue back on once you've painted etc. It's a very popular and simple mod.

Hope this helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts