Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend anything for everyday washing? I have loads of Autoglym stuff but I wondered if there is anything others like for general washing which might be better for less money?

I'd like to be able to wash my wheels at the same time, so something that doesn't leave a waxy residue would be good as I treat the wheels with C5 or wax anyway.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Asda and morrisons have demon shine, there tfr is excellent and so is there shampoo! Its dirt cheap as well! at the min in morrisons its £2 and asda its £5/6 but they swap there prices lol

My everyweek wash is
Demon shine Tfr bottom section, wash and then wheels then autoglym aqua wax Edited by: Itzben

·
Registered
430 Posts
Some cheap shampoos are a bit harsh and will clean off your wax as well as the dirt leaving the paint vulnerable over time. To keep your car looking good as new and to make washing a breeze I'd recommend application of a high quality carnauba wax 3 to 4 times a year and wash with a ph neutral shampoo such as dodo juice born to be mild or my favourite Zymol. Just rinse off the shampoo and dry with a microfiber towel for a perfect finish every time. For the wheels I use poorboys wheel sealent, again 3 to 4 applications a year to keep them like new. The initial outlay for these products will set you back about £50 but well worth it for a newish car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I always used autoglym products until a friend of mine put me on to this guy http://www.amdetails.co.uk. I bought his £70 aftercare kit and it's brilliant stuff. Used it for the first time on my husbands filthy yeti (still waiting for my Up!) and it came up brilliantly without too much effort. It may be a bit more expensive than what you're after though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Tango said:
I always used autoglym products until a friend of mine put me on to this guy http://www.amdetails.co.uk. I bought his £70 aftercare kit and it's brilliant stuff. Used it for the first time on my husbands filthy yeti (still waiting for my Up!) and it came up brilliantly without too much effort. It may be a bit more expensive than what you're after though.
How cool, a wife that details your car for you, should be on the optional extras list

·
Registered
309 Posts
+1 for Zymol, used for years, no nasty chemicals in this, leaves your wax intact and smells nice to boot!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have always used Halfords car shampoo. It does the job well and is not expensive. I also use Autoglym polish twice a year. The car looks lovely after that.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your recommendations.

I've just rummaged through my cleaning materials and behold......a litre of Born To Be Mild which I forgot I had. I'll use that, it's gentle and effective.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Scrubnut said:
Thanks for all your recommendations.

I've just rummaged through my cleaning materials and behold......a litre of Born To Be Mild which I forgot I had. I'll use that, it's gentle and effective.
Is it 'no tears' as well?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Scrubnut said:
Can anyone recommend anything for everyday washing? I have loads of Autoglym stuff but I wondered if there is anything others like for general washing which might be better for less money?

I'd like to be able to wash my wheels at the same time, so something that doesn't leave a waxy residue would be good as I treat the wheels with C5 or wax anyway.

Thanks
Scrubnut, if you're serious about keeping you car looking good don't use cheap shampoos. I recommend something like Meguiars Gold Class. It's not cheap at £7.95 for 473ml, but a little goes a long way.
Meguiars Gold Class Car WashEdited by: DoubleDub

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Late to the party on this, but for anyone else's future reference, I use Hubikote Hubiwash V2, it so gentle, foams up very well and smells incredible. Hit up Waxybox.com for it. Awesome stuff!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts