Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all you Up!ers!

I´m in the process of buying a Life Up!. ( it´s a campaign model. Some rebate, leather steering wheel, otherwise just a 60 hp Move Up!)

Anyways. I can´t decide on which color. I´ve narrowed it down to two colors. Tungstens Silver and Night Blue. Currently leaning towards the tungsten silver one.. It looks good with the Triangle alloys!

Maybe some different thoughts out there?

- Kaversen

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hello,

Thungsten Silver will be more practical and to me it gives the "expensive" color look for car.
Also the combo with Triangles - it means sport pack with tinted windows - will be really

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm biased because i have a candy white move up that i'm about to trade up to a tungsten silver high up. As b82ry said, it adds class and - crucially for me - it should show the road filth much less than my current car. However, there's no doubt that tungsten silver is quite a grey look. So your question to youself is, when you look out the window at your up, will you most feel proud/excited over your grey car or over your dark blue car? I can answer that question for myself - but can you answer it for yourself?Edited by: AlanG

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If the new blue colour had been available when we got ours we would have had that but given your choices, I'd go tungsten all the way....looks fantastic in both sunny and awful weather !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all!

I have now had a good nights sleep and read your, great input!

I´m gonna go with tungsten silver, because the dark blue is too dark for my liking, and the white, which i was fond of, just shows road filth too good, when i see other up!s on the road..

Hopefully i´m going to order soon, because the salesman at the dealer, looked up in the system, and they are producing two tungsten silver in the following weeks!

- Kaversen

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think the important thing when choosing a colour for an Up! is to think what you would like to see from the inside. There's a fair bit of exposed painted metal on the inside, so you need to make sure the colour goes with the interior trim. I chose Candy White for this reason, as it matches the white dash and door card plastics. Red or dark blue would look terrible on this, IMHO:

Edited by: UpMan

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
that is the matt white dash?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Privatedoc said:
that is the matt white dash?
Yes, it's sort of a crackly plastic finish. Hard, but not unpleasant to the touch and unlike the shiney dash finishes available, it doesn't show finger marks. The Up! is a 'school-run' car in our house

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is indeed important to consider the interior. In my case it will be gloss black and black interior trim, and i can live with that color combo of black on black with tungstens silver metal!

I was also out driving the new Hyundai i10 toady in 1 liter comfort trim.. It was good, but i still like the up as a whole car, i just do!

- Kaversen

·
Registered
251 Posts
I drove most of the Up's competitors before ordering and always came back to the Up! Compared to the others, you feel as if you're in the next category up in terms of quality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Indeed, because the new i10 did not have metal exposed on the doors, but the seating position, for me anyways (nearly 2 meters tall), was a bit wrong. I sit much better in the up, and i can, for the same price as a 1.0 i10 comfort, get a pretty good specced up! which i must say, i much rather want! :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kaversen said:
I can´t decide on which color. I´ve narrowed it down to two colors. Tungstens Silver and Night Blue.
That was my short list, too.

I went with Night Blue (with 'Classic' alloys), based on a glimpse of the nice-looking rear of one on the A1 (a pleasing colour in itself, and being darker makes its bum look less big which I prefer) and a paint sample the dealer had, and am very pleased with the colour. Both attractive and understated. A besuited up!
- very smart, as long as you don't look at the perpetually mucky rear end, which I'd imagine the Tungsten Silver would hide better (apart from the tailgate).

In the height of summer, I think the Tornado Red comes into its own and the Night Blue looks a bit muted, but in most British weather I find the Night Blue looks appealing and interesting with its intriguing glint.

ChesterDog's photos do it justice, except the metallic aspect doesn't capture well in photos.

One tip I learned is, when looking for examples, not to be tempted to assume that metallic dark blue versions of other VW models are the same shade as the up! - not usually (or ever?) the case! Maybe true for Tungsten Silver, too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
+2/3 e said:
the metallic aspect doesn't capture well in photos.
Even video doesn't show off the scintillations, but here's a Night Blue in its inky glory.

[TUBE]YQOaLDnFIN0[/TUBE]<mytubeelement =""bundle":"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","":"","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_suped_on_your_browser":"No notification style suped on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_suped":"Not Suped","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for__site":"Click to enable for site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock or similar extension is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null,"prefs":"desktopNotification":true,"Notification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":true,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"large","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":true,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":true,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true" ="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement =""loadBundle":true" ="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

·
Registered
851 Posts
Think very carefully about ordering the gloss black dash. It looks amazing on delivery day but that smug grin soon wanes when you realise what a terrible dust trap it is. That's why i've ordered the silver dash on my tungsten grey upgrade.

·
Registered
171 Posts
AlanG said:
Think very carefully about ordering the gloss black dash. It looks amazing on delivery day but that smug grin soon wanes when you realise what a terrible dust trap it is.
<mytubeelement =""bundle":"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","":"","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_suped_on_your_browser":"No notification style suped on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_suped":"Not Suped","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for__site":"Click to enable for site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock or similar extension is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null,"prefs":"desktopNotification":true,"Notification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":true,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"large","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":true,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":true,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true" ="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement =""loadBundle":true" ="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>Mine's black, and it certainly shows any dust there is - but I keep one of this sort of thing in the door pocket, and it's the work of seconds to run over the dash with it, after which it's a surprisingly long time before I notice any dust return.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts