Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone decide this sticker?

I read it as 2.3 bar in all tires.
Usually just me and my daughter i front and a spare tire in the back.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Andreas,

As you have 175 65 r14tyres with 1-3 persons and not heavy luggage, it is the first row ...

So:
Front: 2,3 (2.3)
Rear: 2,1 (2.1)

If you want to carry 4 persons PLUS luggage with you:
Front: 2,3 (2.3)
Rear: 2,5 (2.5)

BUT ...
A bit more tyre pressure is not wrong!
You can pump all tyres to 2,3 (2.3) bar!
Makes it easyer and you can load some things in the rear without caring about the pressure. Only If you want to go on a longer holiday trip with loads of lugage in the back, make the rear 2,5 (2.5).

Tyre pressure is MUCH more important with motorbikes ...
I always put in about 0,2 (0.2) bar too much into the tyres.
I didn't have enough pressure in my rear tyre last week (1.5 instead of 2.5!!!) ...
Result: It seemed like the antishocks didn't work and fuel consumtion rose about 0,5L/100km ...
Not enough pressure is VERY dangerous as also the tempature in the tyre rises and the tyre material gets weak. So, 2,3 (2.3) bar for all tyres is okay (especially as the rear tyres only follow the front tyres).

Hope this helps ...
Andreas

Edited by: Cadfael

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Andreas. First determine what tyre size you have on your Up and then, on the sticker, the first figure is the front tyre pressure and the second is the rear. If it is just you and your daughter most of the time then stay with the pressures for 2 people and 1 case? If you on occasion have 4 people in the car, then I would not worry too much about changing the rear tyre pressures. Who does that for an occasional journey? Hope this helps.

Go well.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Good advice Cadfael, you beat me to it.

Go well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts