Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Been lurking for a few weeks (excellent forum!) but can't contain myself any longer and had to say hello!

MyHigh Up arrived at the dealership end ofApril
and I am planning on collecting itnext week.I've been unable to collect it earlier as Iam away on business and I guess I have to assume no-one has been driving it around all this time or using it as a demo?

I'm curious as to what the range of delivery mileage was on your Ups? Under 10 miles, under 50 miles, anyone know what is deemed as acceptable?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Mine had 8 miles on the clock if that helps.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Likewise mine had 8

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't have one yet, but the one I sat in at the local dealership had 6 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine had 14 on it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can't remember what mine was but it was definitely in single figures.

tbh I wouldn't worry about the dealer using it as a demo or going for joyrides - they wouldn't be able to do this without insuring it, and then you wouldn't show as the first registered owner.

On a similar note, I reckon my car about .5l of fuel in it when I picked it up; I was seriously worried that I wouldn't make the petrol station. Is this normal? I didn't expect a full tank, but I would have thought they'd filled it up past the red markers.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Mine had 6 miles on it when I picked it up. As part of the delivery service I went on a familiarisation drive with the salesman. During which time we visited a petrol station to fill up and go through the locking cap procedure.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had to pay an extra £20 to get fuel put in it. But thats only £20 worth of fuel.

·
Registered
235 Posts
A dealer is unlikely to use a customer car for demos etc. because they wouldn't want to have to re-clean it etc.

The point about insurance isn't right though - a dealer would have a motor trade policy covering any employee/vehicle that was their responsibility. If a car isn't taxed they would simply use 'trade plates' to use it on the road.

My up! had about 10 miles on the clock when I collected it - seems a long time ago now though, as it's done close to 16,000 now!

·
Registered
583 Posts
You get 3 full tanks with the CNG version

(2 gas, 1 petrol)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine had 16 miles and I paid £20for petrol so it was over half full when I picked it up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Mine had 6 miles on it when I got mine, which is about average when you consider it goes on a rolling road at the factory, driven down to a storage yard, loaded onto various transporters/ship/train etc.Hope this helps.

Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great feedback, thanks!

Now, although they confirmed they have had the car at the dealership since 30th April they still haven't registered it or done the PDI. I asked earlier this week if I could pick it up from the Newbury dealership en route from Heathrow back to Wales next Friday (17th) but they say it won't be ready until w/c 20th May as they don't envisage having time to do registration/PDI until early to mid-next week and won't commit to having it ready for Friday 17th.

How long was the turn around by your dealerships?

Shall I throw my toys out of my pram?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I don't know what to suggest. The turn around for mine was five days including a weekend. It may be that you have ordered dealer fit extras and they are not available yet.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Five days for me as well, including a weekend.

They've sat on it since the end of April - is that because you told them you wouldn't be able to collect it for a while because you were away?

If you're asking them to change a date you previously agreed, I wouldn't be too bothered if they were unable to make it, especially if you also want to collect it from a different dealership.

·
Registered
202 Posts
havent got mine yet but once went to get a Honda hornet (motorbike) from the dealers and didn't make it to the first petrol station!!! Called them and they came with a van to fill me up down the road!! Haha :)
Edited by: scarja

·
Registered
957 Posts
9 miles on mine, I would question it if it was over 25 miles.
Had a full tank of fuel but that's all I got for free.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts