Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 weeks have passed but today's the day

Off to Eastbourne for the handover.

Having read all the tales of woe with dodgy gearboxes I'll be ready to come home without it if all is not perfect.

Is there anything else I should look for?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Please don't be put off by the adverse posts on this site. Most owners are very pleased with their purchase. Make sure the dealer has properly done the PDI and runs through the controls with you. It's also a good idea to get them to demonstrate how to operate the locking petrol cap. If you have Maps and More hopefully they will have set it up for you. Take it gently for the first few hundred miles and enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Beevee, Pics later if all is well.

Bye Golf, hello Up!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the pictures if you are able to stop driving long enough to take them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Enjoy your new three-pot thrum...

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Enjoy....gosh, 10 weeks has flown by! great things come to those who wait!!!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have heard of someone switching on their M&M to find it all in German. Ideal if you're Cadfael, but if you're anyone else, then not so good and something for the checklist.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Picked her up without incident.[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">120 miles later I'm impressed with the whole package.[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Great service from Caffyns, even a bunch of flowers
[/b]
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Very happy with the light steering and agility.[/b]
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Working the gears gives plenty of acceleration.[/b]
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Gearbox is perfect, quiet and precise.[/b]
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Sunroof with multi position opening was worth the cash.[/b]
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Barely sipped fuel.[/b]
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Only query is that the brochure states 215 size tyres and mine came with 195s?[/b]
[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">Salesman is looking into it.[/b]
<b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;"><b style="color: rgb0, 6, 102; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-center; white-space: nowrap; : rgb242, 245, 247;">
[/b]
[/b]

[/b]
[/b]
[/b]

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Thats really smart!! How do you find the change from a golf?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Love the orange stitching ...BUT....get those indicator bulbs changed for silvervision ones, It would be rude not to

·
Registered
149 Posts
Loving those alloys. They look as good as the groove up! alloys. Tremendous when coupled with black. That colour is really growing on me.
Enjoy your brilliant new car.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Looking good Glenn. Glad you are pleased with the car. Such a pity that a few have had problems with their Ups! Hopefully you have joined the well satisfied brigade. It's a great little car and so much fun to drive. Enjoy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New indicator and headlamp bulbs on order, just the DRLs to sort out

The ride is firmer than my Golf Tdi but for that reason it feels a bit more agile.

Bluetooth to my I phone music library is so much easier than the wired system in the Golf.

My daughter thinks the plate says i'm into gay sex

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
At the risk of being controversial its a shame you feel the need to change the bulbs. I hate with a passion those who have very ultra bright white bulbs and then drive so close behind that they fill the car with light and dazzle from the wing mirrors. I'm sure you will be more thoughtful and not drive too close to the car in front.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Beevee said:
At the risk of being controversial its a shame you feel the need to change the bulbs. I hate with a passion those who have very ultra bright white bulbs and then drive so close behind that they fill the car with light and dazzle from the wing mirrors. I'm sure you will be more thoughtful and not drive too close to the car in front.

I have a Lotus elise that had very dim headlights so I converted to HID. It was much easier to use and more like daylight. So having read comments on here about the standard Up! needing brighter headlights I went with the advice of those who had converted.
If they look silly or the beam is dangerous I'll bin them and put the originals back on.
In any case I'm far to precious about my paintwork to drive up someone's bumper.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Good answer. Wishing you many happy hours of good motoring.

·
Registered
72 Posts
"My daughter thinks the plate says i'm into gay sex
"

hahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahaha after having another look at your number plate I started with the giggles. Brilliant. Right cheered me up has that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts