Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The M&M manual says that you can enter a destination byvoicethen goes on to say that this is notavailablein all languages, but does not list the languages in which you can't do it.
I cannot find an option to do this, so I wondered if English was one of those languages in which this was not available? (as, you know, so few peoplearoundthe world speak English ;))

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
it struggles a bit with accents....scottish/geordie etc.....much quicker to enter the destination by postcode

·
Registered
619 Posts
The only language option I've seen in Maps & More is when you first turn it on; I was presented with a list from which I could choose my native tongue. I presume the menu text and voice recognition language will be linked to this choice.

·
Registered
619 Posts
For an example of how well voice recognition works with the Scottish accent, see the clip below for Siri on the iPhone.
The clip uses the F*** word a lot, so don't view if offended by this.

[TUBE]http://youtu.be/SGxKhUuZ0Rc[/TUBE]

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh dear. I don't use Siri on my iphone due to it's inability to recognise my accent.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I can't wait to try Mancunian. There's no chance! Words likely to cause problems include "lad" Manchester. "pet" , "hen" and the like.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It worked great the first time I tried it and was hopeless the second

1 - 8 of 8 Posts