Up Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else jumped on the brakes?As in an emergency stop!
The hazard warning lights come on.

Nice touch on Volkswagens part.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I didn't know that either. I hope I do not have to find out. I suspect it would also spill your coffee and pop out the false eye and teeth.

Go well.Edited by: Night Owl

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I knew it ...

1. Used the time waiting for my up! reading parts of the CitiGo PDF manual ...
2. Germans know everything better
(except how to win world wars)

I was surprised yesterday that the light in the roof lining goes on for some seconds when I turn off the motor (switch in middle position) and not only when I open the door(s)?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I've done two emergency stops this week with the ABS kicking in both times - but no hazard lights came on. I may have been doing less than 40mph though.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't notice if the ABS kicked in but i did jump on the brake pedal.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
gary02tdi said:
Itzben said:
To do list hahaha

From about 40mph i think if not try a little faster?

Must be to a full stop!!!!

I do really want to do it but I dont know if I can bring myself to! Maybe I'll wait till service time and try in a curtsey car

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BEN!!!

Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!
Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!Do it!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm sure that I'd read that the Up! was equipped with a safety feature that when one applied the brake harshly, the rear brake lights rapidly flashed, thus, alerting following drivers to danger ahead.

Thankfully, I've not needed to jump upon the brake while driving my up! but I guess it would make sense that the hazard light would rapidly flash if the rear brake lights were doing the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I assumed it would as my previous car (a sparsely equipped berlingo.. 55 plate if you must know) had it too... But good to know for sure!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts