Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just ordered a light blue 3-door Schuco model from this site.

http://www.mscautomodels.com

Run a search for VW up! and you'll see a selection of die-cast models, ranging from the 1:87 scale Herpa to the Schuco 1:43.

It's not quite my model as it has the sun roof, but it's close - it even has the Classic alloy wheels!

The price for postage is £1.00 cheaper than ordering from eBay, by the way, but it's still quite expensive, although it is a limited edition. Though how many light blue owners are there?

There are also silver, red, black and white 3-door versions available but they are much more likely to sell out quickly.

Nick

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nice..... Made me laugh how every one is RARE....VERY RARE

Shame they all have sunroofs, the up black is just the same as mine... Bar the sunroof..
and a lot lot smaller obviouslyEdited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
532 Posts
and pound for pound rather expensive.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Collas said:
Run a search for VW up! and you'll see a selection of die-cast models, ranging from the 1:87 scale Herpa to the Schuco 1:43.

It's not quite my model as it has the sun roof, but it's close - it even has the Classic alloy wheels!

The price for postage is £1.00 cheaper than ordering from eBay, by the way, but it's still quite expensive, although it is a limited edition.
OR you can order them directly fromVW for farless than M.S.C. Automodels want for them..!!

M.S.C. Automodels £28.95 (‚¬36.56)

Volkswagen ‚¬22.90 (£18.13)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Markmod1 said:
The item is not currently available from vw - Dieser Artikel ist momentan nicht lieferbar!

Sold out

Yeah I had seen that but take note of what M.S.C. Automodel's site says:

****PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM WILL COME DIRECT FROM GERMANY. DELIVERY IS APPROX 3-10 WORKING DAYS*****PLEASE ASK BEFORE YOU BUY THAT WE STILL HAVE IN STOCK, AS OUR SUPPLIERS STOCK CHANGES ON A DAILY BASIS.******<br style="color: rgb153, 153, 153; font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 17px; text-align: center; : rgb23, 23, 23; ">

They order directly from "Germany", I'm guessing they are referring to the manufacturer "Schuco" which also states (only found the up! Black)Currently out of stock!.

source: http://www.shop-schuco.com/classic/1-43-aktuell/vw-up-2-turig-schw-1-43.html?___store=default

·
Registered
235 Posts
As a regular buyer of diecast models, are these actually available yet?

It can take months between the manufacturer releasing details (and pictures) of pre-production models to their distributors and them actually being available to purchase - a bit like the 1/1 up!

I guess Schuco will be having them made in China (at factories that produce models for other people too) and they are often slow to schedule production.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts