Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. Just been driving our up black for the first time.

Does any one Else think they sound like a diesel?

Or fairly loud?

Not complaining just want to know if I should ask about it? Done 67 miles

·
Registered
113 Posts
Its a 3 cylinder, they sound different than the usual 4 cylinder engines.... its thrummy and more burbly so yes, its normal.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes and I definitely noticed more when I first drove it, either I'm just getting used now or its quitened down with a few hundred mes on clock.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
mine was quite loudish when I first drove it, it was struggling in the gears up hills, only had 9 miles on the clock but now I've done nearly 200 in it it feels a lot more smooth, pulls up the hills and you don't notice the engine! so I guess its just bedding in, something I do notice is when I'm stopped at traffic lights I can feel the tick over in the back of my seat I feel like I need to rev it a little to stop it stalling but it never has cut out!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Done just over 300 miles in mine and it sometimes does sound a litttle like a diesel, but all in all the engine note is pretty pleasing

Edited by: bazves

·
Registered
113 Posts
I love 3 cylinders, had two Pug 107s which sound brilliant, a smart with the Mitsi 3 cylinder which also sounded ace and a Fabia with the HTP 70hp one. That wasnt as vocal as the others and had a curious ticking sound!
Looking forward to hearing my new 3 cylinder when I get it

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
My first polo 04 reg (don't no what mk it was) was a 3 cylinder engine and I put a stylish exhaust tip on the end and it made a pretty nice sound, a little like the r32 gurgle haha I loved it as a new driver having a cool sounding car hahahaha o eck maybe I will be buying one for this haha

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Ye skoda have the same engine, do you no what mpi stands for on the top of the engine in our up!s

·
Registered
705 Posts
Multi-Point Injection

Nick

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Itzben said:
My first polo 04 reg (don't no what mk it was) was a 3 cylinder engine and I put a stylish exhaust tip on the end and it made a pretty nice sound, a little like the r32 gurgle haha I loved it as a new driver having a cool sounding car hahahaha o eck maybe I will be buying one for this haha
Polos seem to have the most ridiculous model numbers ever, but some home they always stick in my head!
86, 86C (I had a G40 version :-D), 6N, 6N2, 9N (the model you're on about), 9N3 and the current 6R. Bizarre!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just done a 1000 in mine since June YES I know dont go far
but does have that disel sound but do sometimes struggle to et going on a hill but love it

Move UP! black, alloys, sound pack,sunroof.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts