Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have to wait for possibly another 12 weeks for delivery of my new High Up! White, sunroof, sports pack, leather look seats, spoiler...The dilemma is I have the opportunity to get an ex demo vehicle with similar spec white, sports pack, leather look seats, body skirts, sensor pack, sound pack but NO sunroof and 1000 miles on the clock!

Question is: if I choose the demo I can get it within the week or should I wait for brand spanking new one!! Please advise me...

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
That is a very hard decision, I always said I'd wait for mine no matter what. However, I do love my up having a sunroof... its so light and I think it makes it feel even bigger inside.

The 1000 miles on the clock wouldnt bother me too much as long as the seller knocked a tiny amount off having been an ex-demo car.

It comes down to how you feel about whether the lack of sunroof would outweigh the longer wait?

I felt the wait was totally worth it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would say that a car without the sunroof is good, because there has been some problems with water leaks. To me it seems to be a safer option.

On the other hand having a "virgin", is precious beyond reason.

Your choice.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I was offered a similar spec without sunroof shortly after ordering and I turned it down. I'm glad I did, because the back is quite dark without the sunroof. Have you been in the back of one with the tinted windows? You don't live too far from me, you could always come take a look!

The spec on the alternative sounds good tho

Also, You never know the garage timing might be pessimistic.

Edited by: bugbabe34

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I would wait...

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'd wait, you're paying upwards of 11K get what you want, at the minute they're offering you a used car.

Don't let the very few leaks on the sunroofs sway you, there have only been a 3 (I think) on here and have been swiftly rectified by VW

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My sunroof is also fine. There are far more people on here with no issues.

I would say touch wood, but that would mean that I am expecting problems and I'm not

·
Registered
727 Posts
alamanda said:
The dilemma is I have the opportunity to get an ex demo vehicle with similar spec white, sports pack, leather look seats, body skirts, sensor pack, sound pack but NO sunroof and 1000 miles on the clock!

Question is: if I choose the demo I can get it within the week or should I wait for brand spanking new one!! Please advise me...
Buy a Fiat 500, you can probably get one tomorrow but if it's not about how fast you can get a car then wait for the car you REALLY want. Believe me, it'll be worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
whats a few weeks compared with many years of pleasure...get the new one!

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you want your spec then get new, however don't just go to your lcoal dealer. Ring loads of them and ask which month's allocation your new car would come from and don't order until they confirm that in writing. Some of them may have a spare order in the system that could be modified to your specification.
I didn't and just got stuck after loads of other orders from my local dealer !!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
it seems consensus is to get the new one, it all comes down to your choice...

just another note on the sunroof thing, there have been a couple of leaks, but like has been said, far more of us havent had problems¬!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Be patient.
Wait and get the car you want. I doubt if you will save much money on the ex-demo and you won't have a new one ownercar.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys, Thank you for all your comments! i have taken them all on board and weighed up the options, in the meantime i have beenbartering with the Dealer regarding the Ex-Demo, in conclusion i will be pickingitUp! (pardon the pun)tomorrow
. Dilemma was: Can i wait another 12 -14 weeks for a new one when i am carless...The answer is NO!! Patience was never one of my strong points....so now i feel like it's Christmas Eve...so excited. I will post some piccies tomorrow after i have been on a very long drive around the world....hehehe!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Looking forward to the pics!!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Congrats....you made the right decision for YOU. Looking forward to the photos

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
haha brilliant.... enjoy tomorrow! and yes, I too cannot wait for lots of pictures!¬

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi guys, quick update...the price was right! The High Up! Is gorgeous, just having a quick latte at Caffè Nero before collecting her at 4pm, so excited!!!! I'm looking forward to my 2 hr drive home, I'll post some piccies later

1 - 20 of 35 Posts