Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been written on the internet where poor small cars are rust vw gives 12-year rust warranty but I have DINITROL treated my up

Kjeld jensen
Does anyone know if this is necessary???

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you live in the nordic countries and the salt sprayed on those roads cause havoc with rust, then dinitrol treatment is the right thing to do. My Aygo is also treated with antirust.

·
Registered
15 Posts
kjeld said:
It has been written on the internet where poor small cars are rust vw gives 12-year rust warranty but I have DINITROL treated my up

Kjeld jensen
Does anyone know if this is necessary???
Worth checking if this could affect the VW guarantee?

·
Registered
619 Posts
In the UK the VW literature describes the Up as being partially galvanised. I presume this means that the lower body shell has been so treated, in addition to the usual stone chip coatings. Applying Dinitrol on top of these coatings should not do any harm or invalidate the warranty. However, as always, whether it is worthwhile depends on how long you intend to keep the car i.e. the next owner may be happy that you have spent the time and money on the car.

·
Registered
619 Posts
In my previous reply I forgot to mention that Bilt Hamber sell some good cavity wax like products - Dynax-UB is particularly good. I sprayed the underside of a Ford Fiesta with this and it was still rust free when I sold the car at nine years old (89k miles). The car is still on the road today, five years after I sold it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts