Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
'Tis but a scratch. Very minor. Clean the marks, carefully dab some clear laquer over them and put it to the back of your mind.
Don't try to flat it out and laquer or you'll make it stand out more.
It's either that or £70 -£100 ish for a diamond re-cut.
I feel your pain, but after a while you'll forget about it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Done a right swipe across the face of one of mine. Looks shocking and makes me wonder how high the kerb was everytime I spot it.
Still, life goes on. Better damaged than undriven.

·
Super Moderator
1,013 Posts
Tis but a flesh wound! I managed to curb one of mine about 2 weeks into getting it, much worse than that. Pissed me right off! I'm pretty sure one of mine had marks like that when I got it!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
'Tis but a scratch. Very minor. Clean the marks, carefully dab some clear laquer over them and put it to the back of your mind.
As this man said, see if you can do something to seal the edges to stop the dreaded lacquer whiteworm happening.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well,I suppose with whats going in the world at the moment a slightly kerbed alloy is quite trivial.Just so annoyed with myself for doing it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Whaaaaaat.

I got crashed into, 8 days into ownership and thus am on my second front wing and repaired alloy. Waited 7 months for delivery and into the body shop within a week.

I also have touched up about 7 stone chips with paint. (dry it, paint it, seal it) and am looking at next set of tyres soon.

16k miles. Daily driver. North Lakes

·
Registered
130 Posts
Pretty miniscule scrape there.
These diamond cut lacquered alloys look great but without fastidious care can end up looking sh!t pretty quickly.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Minor scrape but really annoying. Time will heal your pain.
Mines just had it first replacement wind screen (11,600 miles) which annoyed me.
Went through 7 screens in 186k miles on last car ffs!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't try to flat it out and laquer or you'll make it stand out more.
It's either that or £70 -£100 ish for a diamond re-cut.
I feel your pain, but after a while you'll forget about it.
[/QUOTE

I have white scratch marks on mine but I have not rubbed the curb, and as some one said they are starting to look like worms on them, so can I ask,
(1) when you say clean the marks (what do you use) ?
(2) And what clear lacquer should I use on them ?
Any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If you have the dreaded white worm then that means water has got under your lacquer somehow and lifted it. If it's got to that stage already then tbh you're looking at a wheel refurb.

·
Registered
515 Posts
If you have the dreaded white worm then that means water has got under your lacquer somehow and lifted it. If it's got to that stage already then tbh you're looking at a wheel refurb.
Yes, ThatUpGti is correct, my post was referring to curbing marks, not the marks made by water / salt getting under the laquer.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ok Thanks for the info ThatUpGTI and 911ts3, when I brought the street up I never thought I would have trouble with the alloys, still when I went on my walk today I passed a car sales garage and on the forecourt they had a 17 plate Hyundai i10 and the wheels on that have the same thing happening so were not the only ones with warms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts