Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
If by that you mean are dealers unlikely to battered down on price, then yes.
It's still a new model really, and they are increasingly selling them by the bucket load. I don't know how much things have changed now, although I doubt they have, but when I placed my order last July, there was next to nothing in the way if money off the car.
Are you looking at buying then?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discount on the car I was told no! I had a few add on items thrown in, and depending who your dealer is you might get more than others, I got mudflaps and door sill trim things for free but some people have had 3 years servicing and the lifeshine! I was also told if your part exing then batter on that price remember they will give you the lowest value to then sell or auction off and get some capital back! Hope some of that makes sense

Are you looking at purchasing the up!? What are you thinking on going for?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Up,s are selling like Hot Cakes! so discount are not really out there. We did not need a finance package...so no gain there for the Dealer and all I managed to get was £150 of list price and a good price on Lifeshine.Having said that I am well pleased with the package we are getting for the price.
Pick ours up on Monday.Yipee!!

Go well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found most dealers weren't prepared to discount at all but then found one who I managed to push really hard. Showed them what discount I could get by going to an online car retailer and then, in the last week of the month, told them I didn't expect them to match it but told them what I would pay. After a bit more negotiating I got £700 off a High Up. Was very pleased with the deal. Another week to wait for the car!

·
Registered
430 Posts
No actual big discounts to be had on any of the VW range other than on outgoing models but its fun asking around various dealers and ask them what else there prepared to throw in if you buy one, eg gap insurance, life shine, servicing, mats, etc.. Ring them towards the end of the month too in case they are just coming up short on their monthly target.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I got £650 off of my Take up! depends how much you want to buy from aparticulardealer. I always use www.drivehtedeal.co.uk as a price guide and then see if they will match it. If they won't discount I always walk and find a delaer who will. If they are happy to give discount to fleet buyers then they can give me a discount too

Managed a decent 13% off my 1 Series with Sytner Nottingham after my local Derby dealer would not give me a decent deal

·
Registered
88 Posts
I paid list for my Mii but got a spare wheel (£50, but I think it is ridiculous that a spare wheel isn't standard) and emergency braking (£200) included. Before the test drive i had a look at dtd and orangewheels to see what sort of discounts were available. I then decided to ask for extras to be bundled in rather than a cash discount.

The dealer agreed to what I asked for pretty quickly so maybe I could have squeezed more out of him if I'd been cheeky. But I got what I wanted so I'm happy...Edited by: Up!_to_Mii

·
Registered
583 Posts
9% plus a 500 euro CNG credit, makes 12% .
(in Belgium)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts