Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've not had my Up! delivered but was wondering whether anyone was finding the high gloss dash distracting? Perhaps when we next have some sunshine we'll see!

I did my test drive on a sunny day and it was the only negative I could find (apart from the strength of the stereo which hopefully the sound pack will resolve).

I was thinking of a vinyl wrap / decal to cover it possibly in a VW or Up! logo with a less shiny finish.

Any thoughts from owners?

·
Registered
51 Posts
When I am driving I don't tend to notice it. My only complaint is that the boot gets dirty quickly!!!

I have a black dash.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I dont notice the dash either when I am driving - havent had any problems in the sunshine! My Ups butt also gets very dirty even though the rest of the car is quite clean. Will be cleaning her again tomorrow!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I was just admiring it to much whilst driving!

·
Registered
27 Posts
thank you GaveUp I am still waiting for my UP to be delivered, the dash was the only worry I had after watching a review when the driver said it was giving him a migraine I'm not going to worry now as you have said you didn't notice any reflections ! Mike

·
Registered
213 Posts
I thought that when i saw the high up at my dealers , i thought the dash would seriously annoy me ( i have the take up so only a normal dash for me when i actually get it that is ! )

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hopefully I wont have any problems with my red dash when the fit it!! I am too busy enjoying the drive and the sound pack if a definate must.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Same here about the sunroof. Someone posted some pictures of one with it the other day. Looks great.

No way I'm doing anything to delay delivery though! Going up the wall waiting as it is.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Only since week 16 with a build week 21. Dealer's given me a build day to and sends me weekly updates via text plus texts if anything changes midweek.

What makes it worse is I got rid of my current/previous car at the end of April to save on servicing, tax and MOT costs.

Usually for me it's just a car and now more than ever running costs play a big part in the decision but I think I may have to hold myself back from hugging the thing when it arrives!

Can't ever recall grinning after a test drive before but it really was/is fun to drive.

Fed up of waiting but it'll be worth it I'm sure.

You got yours Kat2110 or are you still waiting to?

·
Registered
213 Posts
No not got mine yet , its sitting in the dealers arrived last thursday . They say i cant pick her up until next friday !!!! We shall see , im off to the dealers today to try to convince them to give me my car. Ive been without a car since April and its starting to really annoy me now

·
Registered
677 Posts
the only distraction I have is when I drive past a big shinny building with lots of reflective windows and I catch a glimpse of my shexy Up!

dam ..... I do look fine

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Craig200588 said:
the only distraction I have is when I drive past a big shinny building with lots of reflective windows and I catch a glimpse of my shexy Up!

dam ..... I do look fine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts