Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello want to share my latest modification, which costed 7 Eur and took 30mins to prepaire and install.before:

1. bought carbon 3D car-vinyl (cutted two rectangles 90:16cm)

2. with screw driver take out the black plastic insert and clear the sill (used window cleaner, because it get's dry very fast)

3. put the vinyl on and cut out hole and put the plastic insert back in each side. And the result:

Hope was helpful for someone

Regards from Riga,
Matiss

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Nice!! Was it easy to do with the folds? I have some 3d carbon fibre look vinyl on its way do do a couple of things!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm glad You like this small mod.As the vinyl/ film is pretty thick, there are no problems to do the folds (you can unstuck it and try once more).
Main thing is to put the film in similar level on top (the white sport between film and rubber seal is not visible, it can be seen only if looking from side).
For me the hardest part was to cut out identical right-angledpieces of vinyl.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
JackDavies said:
Itzben, if you manage to do this on yours, ill pay you good money to do mine ;)
Haha I have another thing planned for my vinyl and I have the factory fitted sill things, but I might replace them

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Itzben said:
Did you use a slip solution and hot air gun?
The surface is not so difficult for the hot air. A slip solution.. don't exactly understand the slip solution.- I didn't use the water spray to get the vinyl on and after than press it out (this is for more difficult wraps)
- the vinyl is 3D carbon with texture and it won't slip

1 - 8 of 8 Posts