Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...I am hiring a VW Up in Switerland in July....just wondering...do all models of the VW UP have a cigarette lighter fitted as std...as I need to power my sat nav and I dont want an unexpected surprise,

Regards Nick.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
No but they have a power point for you to plug in your sat nav. Just as you would plug in a cig lighter.

·
Registered
727 Posts
nickjaxe said:
Hi all...I am hiring a VW Up in Switerland in July....just wondering...do all models of the VW UP have a cigarette lighter fitted as std..

My up!, bought here in Switzerland came fitted with a cigarette lighter as standard.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Paul,

was at the swiss VW site and watched the online price list (VERY DETAILED!) ...

The lighter / "Raucherausführung" ist NOT standard in any swiss up! model ...
It costs 30 CHF extra (see brochure on swiss website) for take/move/high up! ...

I am a smoker but I don't smoke in my cars ...
I have always bought the lighter because 12V equipment is easy to put in there and "in cases of emergency" you have a lighter. The ash tray is also an important argument in the up! - even id you only use it for putting money, guitar plec, tissues, plush toy etc. in ...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I think the original enquiry was to establish the presence of a 12 volt socket to power a sat nav. Although a cig lighter is not standard a 12 volt socket is. It is not necessary to order a cig lighter to obtain a 12 volt socket. Edited by: Beevee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts