Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allybasher....sorry for the delay in replying...I have been away from home for a few days. My Classic car is a 1953 Sunbeam Talbot Mk11a. Lovely old girl...but 19mpg and 0 to 60 in a fortnight...but I love her all the same.
Go well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Excellent, I love the Sunbeam Talbot, they are lovely looking cars, made excellent rally cars in their day too. I keep promising myself that one day I'll get a classic and that would fit the bill nicely.

My eldest son has just acquired a much more modern classic, a 1994 Range Rover Vogue. It is a bit tatty but great to drive. Not quite as economical as the Up though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are interested I will try and up load some pic's in the next few days....If I can work out how to do it!

Go well.

·
Registered
604 Posts
In my younger days I was on placement in a garage where the owner had a few classics he had two sunbeams I had to push them out the mot bay every morning and back in on the evening for 2 years, at first I liked them but by the end that turned to hate, he also had a triumph acclaim 1977 in mint condition I nearly bought it as my first car but insurance was unbelievable Edited by: spud

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I had to push mine in and out of the garage every day for 2 years....then I am sure I would hate it too!

Go well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Night Owl said:
If you are interested I will try and up load some pic's in the next few days....If I can work out how to do it!

Go well.

That would be great, I will look forward to it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yes. I own an UP! LOL
Well, future classic!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our Up! is great. Low mileage at the moment and still running in, so taking it steady. Great cars for the price. Future Classics....I agree.....Love every thing about it.Can'twait to drive it again....or wash it ...or pat it on the back.LOL.
Go well.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I had a 1987 Yugo 45A in 1988. I have fond memories of it, it was the car I owned when I got married. I would prefer the Olds now though.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Yeah, not sure it's actually a classic as such on reflection. I do have a sneaking interest in old Eastern Bloc cars though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have an interest in older eastern block women....but that's another story

·
Registered
811 Posts
The Internet is a wonderful thing. For researching old cars that is......

·
Registered
93 Posts
It sure is Ally. They all want to marry me as well as long as I send them my bank account details. I think I'm on a winner

·
Registered
811 Posts
I'm about to break another one of my personal taboos.....

LOL

**** this forum!

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Of course the Yugo is a classic car, it's based mechanically on a Fiat 127, and styling-wise on an Autobianchi A112. Technically a classic car is anything over 20 years old anyway, so perhaps you mean 'desireable' classic car.

Anyway, my Yugo has a road/race engine out of a Fiat X1/9, does that score more classic points? ;)

·
Registered
811 Posts
Another guilty secret, I'd love a Lada Riva with a Fiat 2 litre twin cam and decent suspension and brakes. I'm sure the medication will help though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Night Owl said:
Allybasher....sorry for the delay in replying...I have been away from home for a few days. My Classic car is a 1953 Sunbeam Talbot Mk11a. Lovely old girl...but 19mpg and 0 to 60 in a fortnight...but I love her all the same.
Go well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Very nice...and nearly as old as me!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts